Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just purchased Peugeot 308 1.6 hdi 2016

Sorry for the dumb question but does the fuel cap still have a micro switch so when opened it puts additive into the fuel (not had Peugeot for a few years)

Regards

·
Registered
36 Posts
The ADblue tank is in the boot - your manual should describe how to fill it. Peugeot do a £9.99 up to 10 ltrs Adblue top up offer, so it's cheaper than buying 10 ltrs and doing it yourself. When level gets low you'll see a warning message on your display screen with remaining miles allowed before your engine then becomes immobilised .... basically if you don't have any in the tank, the car wont let you drive it! ( I think the tank holds 17 ltrs, and the warning messages appear when you're down to 1500 miles remaining - it's in the manual....)

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, it's being injected continuously into the exhaust emissions to make them euro 6 compliant. You should only need to top it up once a year dependent on mileage.

·
Registered
978 Posts
So when you open fuel flap it doesn't ad adblube to fuel like it did on my 207
AdBlue has never been added to the fuel tank. You're mixing it up with Eolys - which is added to the fuel in very small metered quantities every time you fill up with fuel. I believe some cars have done away with a microswitch (not necessarily the 308!) and use the fuel gauge reading to work out how much to inject. The Eolys reduces the temperature at which the particle filter (DPF or FAP) burns off trapped carbon particles.

AdBlue is injected into the exhaust system to reduce the amount of nitogen oxides being emitted This is separate from the DPF and the reaction takes place in the catalytic convertor.

As a matter of interest I read last year that a manufacturer has combined these two functions into a single convertor/filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts