Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've had a 308SW AdBlue 1.6 for 15 weeks now.
When i got it it told me it had 8350miles left for adblue mileage was 32211
Last week at 35300 miles it told me 4000 miles and suddenly today it has said I have 2300 miles.
Is this normal?
I do have two 10l containers of adblue that i could use but i'm going on holiday at the end of the week and i'm concerned at the sudden change in the system.

Regards
P

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would just take some top up with you in smaller bottle. Or just top it up now.
Or 3rd option wait for warning and take it nearest Pug garage they charge £10-12 and do it on the spot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would just take some top up with you in smaller bottle. Or just top it up now.
Or 3rd option wait for warning and take it nearest Pug garage they charge £10-12 and do it on the spot.
Cheers for the advice.
Just filled it up - only room for about 8 litres.

Car still registers ADBlue reminder at 2300miles.

How do you get the new fill to register?

·
Registered
978 Posts
A couple or so restarts and it should reset. If it hasn't reset in, say, 10 restarts then you could start to worry.

One further thought. I believe the AdBlue tank holds 17 litres in total. Which means that if it only took 8 litres then it already had 9 litres in. This could be a harbinger of something nasty to come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been out for a 12mile run in the car and just after I started I noticed it was down to 2250miles:nono:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have you topped it up enough? On some cars there was a recall for the Adblue harness (I know mine was one) as there was an issue that the Adblue loom was defective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you topped it up enough? On some cars there was a recall for the Adblue harness (I know mine was one) as there was an issue that the Adblue loom was defective.
Filled it to the brim.
Only had the car a few months, not sure if it was subject to a recall.
It was registered in March 2016.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you have Service Box access you can look up via your VIN.

If you see a flashing red box near the top right of the screen then it means you need to book in with a Peugeot main dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If you have Service Box access you can look up via your VIN.

If you see a flashing red box near the top right of the screen then it means you need to book in with a Peugeot main dealer.
I haven't got service box access. How will that help? Is the flashing red box on this system? What would it mean?
I do have warranty until May 2020 - so i suppose i need to contact the dealer tomorrow.
Unfortunately we're due to go on holiday, in the car, on Friday morning

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Red flashing warning box on Service Box when you enter the VIN means theres an outstanding service campaign or safety recall for that vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red flashing warning box on Service Box when you enter the VIN means theres an outstanding service campaign or safety recall for that vehicle.
Do you have access to service box?
If so if i sent you my VIN can you check it out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turns out all is well.
Handbook incorrectly (for my variant) states that button on side of rev counter displays Adblue reminder.
Turns out it shows service.
Quick trip to the dealers reveals this giving me a mixture of a red face and relief!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Turns out all is well.
Handbook incorrectly (for my variant) states that button on side of rev counter displays Adblue reminder.
Turns out it shows service.
Quick trip to the dealers reveals this giving me a mixture of a red face and relief!
I did think it was a bit odd, my adblue reminder is 1000miles and this never changes regardless of how many miles i do after it pops up!

Alls well that ends well eh, and you know your adblue is full now too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts