Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago I had white smoke from my exhaust with strong ammonia smell (and urea first orange then red warning). Local garage said AdBlue valve failed open and replaced it and problem gone. SCR pot happened to be full of AdBlue. However, after several km I got the orange AdBlue warning again, with error code P20E8 (low pressure). Reset it and again after 5 km. Before replacing my AdBlue pump and tank I first would like to evaluate a few things:

Could the first problem (excess AdBlue) cause the low pressure problem, i.e. would replacing the tank actually help?
Are there any other things to check before installing a new tank?
Is it possible to install the pump without the tank?
Is it safe (for my car) to drive with the orange urea light on. And with the red light?
Any other thoughts?

I know a lot has been written about the low pressure problem but not in combination with AdBlue overdosing.

By the way, the AdBlue tank cap is of the venting type and it is not blocked. Vacuum in the tank should not be an issue I think.

Responses are greatly appreciated, Best Regards, Jan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had do replace the AdBlue tank on 508 SW 2015. For me, the orange low UREA warning showed even though I topped up the fluid. The mechanic explained that just the pump cannot be replaced. I called another mechanic to consult and he explained the same; whole tank with the pump has to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts