Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlue Emissions fault - Engine fault: Repair needed

105K views 56 replies 26 participants last post by  Benny9 
#1 ·
Hi,

my friend has 3008 1.5 BlueHDI 130hp (2017 year) 137.000km. He bought it second hand out of warranty. When he bought the car, he add liters of AdBlue liquid.

He drove it for 2 months and then at the traffic light he threw out an error for Engine fault: Repair needed - AdBlue Emissions fault.

Went to the service station and they immediately add another 8l AdBlue liquid and remove the error. He drove that day and tomorrow to work. And when he returned at the same traffic light, at the exact distance from work, he got error again.

Went to the service again, the error was removed. It is recommended to change the entire AdBlue system or to remove it by computer. He drove aggressively to the mountain and back, all day and there were no errors. Next day he went back to work and back again after an extremely hot day at the same traffic light, he got error for the third time.

We read that Peugeot with the AdBlue system has problems on various topics... We looked at the AdBlue plug and it is standard, without that white cap.

He goes towards having the AdBlue system log out. The diagnostics in the service did not register the error numbers, so it does not say whether it is a pump, sensors or something else. Do you think this is a software problem and something that could be solved without changing the complete AdBlue tank or removing the AdBlue system?

See less See more
#3 ·
You need a Diagbox to read the errors and to see a code. Car always registers all errors. Also, you should get for free a new cap with breather. Just ask in any official dealer to do recalls for the car. In meantime, tell your friend to drive without cap and see if that will help.

#4 ·
Thanks. I sent request for a plug to the official service, so I'll see what they tell me. I think that this closed plug at 3008 (2017+) is already breather, because the air is drawn underneath, but I'll see what it says. Is this a Lexia Diagbox diagnostics for Peugeot? I will ask if he can do that diagnostics on the private service, if not then let him drive to the official one.

Hvala. Ništa poslao sam oficijalnom servisu upit za čep, pa ću vidjeti šta će mi reći. Mislim da je ovaj zatvoreni čep kod 3008 (2017+) već ozračen, jer se vazduh podvlači ispod, ali vidjeću šta će reći. Da li je ovo Lexia Diagbox dijagnostiga za Peugeot? Pitaću da li može kod servisera da uradi sa tom dijagnostikom, ako ne onda nek vozi u oficijalni.

#5 ·
Lexia is old version, used by Citroen. Now it's called Diagbox and includes all PSA brands.

Diagbox ti bilježi sve greške, čak i privremene, mora ih moći očitati. Ja sam na 308 T9 dobio novi čep, ima bijeli odušak na vrhu njega. Ali i sa njega sam uklonio papirni filter jer je po meni bio slab odušak, taj papirni dio je ispod tog bijelog dijela.

#6 ·
Ok I see users have a problem with these errors: : P2204 (SENSOR FAULT), P20E8 (fluid pressure UREA), P242F - dpf heating. Are you just asking for the P2204 to change the NOX sensor or do you have no help without complete replacements?

Ok vidim da izbacuje ove greške: P2204 (SENSOR FAULT), P20E8 (pressure of the UREA fluid) , P242F - dpf heating. Da li ako je samo u pitanju P2204 promijeniti NOX Sensor ili mu nema pomoći bez kompletne zamjene?

#9 ·
Hi,

my friend has 3008 1.5 BlueHDI 130hp (2017 year) 137.000km. He bought it second hand out of warranty. When he bought the car, he add liters of AdBlue liquid.

He drove it for 2 months and then at the traffic light he threw out an error for Engine fault: Repair needed - AdBlue Emissions fault.

Went to the service station and they immediately add another 8l AdBlue liquid and remove the error. He drove that day and tomorrow to work. And when he returned at the same traffic light, at the exact distance from work, he got error again.

Went to the service again, the error was removed. It is recommended to change the entire AdBlue system or to remove it by computer. He drove aggressively to the mountain and back, all day and there were no errors. Next day he went back to work and back again after an extremely hot day at the same traffic light, he got error for the third time.

We read that Peugeot with the AdBlue system has problems on various topics... We looked at the AdBlue plug and it is standard, without that white cap.

He goes towards having the AdBlue system log out. The diagnostics in the service did not register the error numbers, so it does not say whether it is a pump, sensors or something else. Do you think this is a software problem and something that could be solved without changing the complete AdBlue tank or removing the AdBlue system?

View attachment 94128

View attachment 94127
Hi,

View attachment 94128

View attachment 94127
Hi, can you inform what problem was?

#12 ·
It usually happens that the AdBlue tank breaks down, so it changes for some 800 euros (in our country). However my friend opened the lid of the AdBlue tank this summer and drove it for a while and the problem did not occur. Just these days, I've been thinking about how AdBlue fluid reacts to these cons. a full tank should be filled.

#19 ·
The first models 308 and 2008 with AdBlue had a lot of problems with the vacuum, so the factory changed the plugs. At 3008 this is better resolved. The plug has air (although very small). However, due to changes in AdBlue temperature and freezing, the tank is working and there is probably a stronger vacuum, so it would be good to irradiate it regularly at these low temperatures.

#21 ·
Hi, I have an ongoing problem with 3008 bluehdi that sounds very simillar. First occurred in december 2021, since then 7 times in the space of 1 year (roughly 20.000km). Occurs completely unpredictably. When it happens, we have to take the car to the mechanic and they reset the computer. After te computer is reset, we get various distances driven without error until it eventually reappears. Sometimes 300km, sometimes 3000km, sometimes 700km... xompletely random. It is obvious that the issue is with the software - the computer monitors data from the sensor and when threshold is exceeded, it writes the alarm to memory. It then stops monitoring the sensor and does not clear the alarm from memory until the computer is reset, even if emissions level drop down below threshold. Dont know what to do, am struggling with this problem for a year already. Customer service just rotates from one person to another, all promising to call back within an hour, but they never do. Considering legal action at this point...

#22 ·
I had the same problem with a 308 a few years ago. After 12 months and 6 visits to the workshop for the same fault reappearing they gave up and offered me a 3008 as a replacement. That has just developed the same fault. It is clearly a recurring fault that they have no idea how to fix. Peugeot should be offering free replacement of the whole system to anyone with the problem.

#25 ·
hi, my car have the same problem. I would like to know could your friend's car solve the problem finally? if so, how can solve it? at the beginning it show that: starting impossible in 650 ml. and now is 300ml. Is it really can't starting when it come to be 0?
Anyone can share his/ her experience ? Many thanks

#32 ·
Hi Denzel
I had similar issue last week with my 1.5 HDI 3009 from 2019. I bought it second hand recently from a peugeot dealer and hence still under guarantee. I call then and they assured me that they will fix it under guarantee. I drove there and after about one hour they told me that it is ready and it was defect Urea sensor and they have changed it. Very satisfied cam home but was curious (as recently I bought a Lexia set) and ran the Diagbox and found out that there is no "Diesel Additive Pump" was found. Is is that what the dealer did and lied to me? If confirmed by one of you experts that is the case, I am intention to confront the dealer and raise a fraud case against them. Can you please help me to clarify this.
Thanks.

#31 ·
Hi,

On my way from Dorset to Cornwall this issue also happened to me.
Just a couple months ago I filled my adblue tank 10L after warning requesting it. Must have done 1k miles so far.
Had to call RAC and he told me to take to dealership warranty before starting impossible.

Diagnostic Codes
RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
Name: YHZ - MD1CS003
DTC: P20EE,DeNOx system, emission control ineffective
DTC: P06B8,Engine Control unit

Next week I'm taking it for battery test anyway because the start and stop isn't working and sensor on electric tailgate not working either.
I will let you know the outcome.

#46 ·
Hi,

On my way from Dorset to Cornwall this issue also happened to me.
Just a couple months ago I filled my adblue tank 10L after warning requesting it. Must have done 1k miles so far.
Had to call RAC and he told me to take to dealership warranty before starting impossible.

Diagnostic Codes
RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
Name: YHZ - MD1CS003
DTC: P20EE,DeNOx system, emission control ineffective
DTC: P06B8,Engine Control unit

Next week I'm taking it for battery test anyway because the start and stop isn't working and sensor on electric tailgate not working either.
I will let you know the outcome.
That's usually just a injector for the adblue clogged with crystallisation, don't waste time get it cleaned or bigger bills will be coming your way. The frost makes it worse, I clean every service and use the additive to stop crystallisation.

#35 ·
Same problem here, with my 208 1,5HDI from Q4 of 2019. I am about 71.000km and the fault appeared this morning. I have to fix it fast as on Friday i am going for the periodic check RWC. I have no diagnostic system, do you think by removing the battery I can reset the error if i will change the adblue injector?

#37 ·
Herculess I send you a PM. Thanks
Thanks for the help Kapil!
The issue with the adblue were gone without actually doing something, just open the cup and clean the crystal deposits. The engine error was about the Nox sensor and solved by resetting it. I believe the Nox sensor error was triggered as the adblue system stopped working and had to be reset.

#39 ·
Hello, I have this same issue with my Peugeot 3008 (2017) and been looking for answers everywhere. Started this morning on a background of particle filter blockage yesterday night. I wanted to drive it to the mechanic this morning when the emission fault came on. Don't know if it is related to the particle filter block and what the solution would be. Got to the mechanic eventually and he advised that he can delete the ad blue system for £400, is this advisable. Car is 53000 mileage

#51 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I own P3008 - 2020. I bought it second hand.
The same problem with AdBlue emission foult. Car has 147.000 km. I do not know what to do. Took it to Peugeot servis and they upgraded software. That should solve the problem. But it got back. Just like Lassie did 🫣. Culd I request that they shut down the AdBlue sistem. Could this damage the engine?

thanks for advises

#54 ·
I also have the "ad-blues" (pun intended) as you albeit a 1.6 bluehdi 120 from 2015.
My local chiptuning guru assured me that the engine would not come to harm in the event that the adblue system was disabled.
Obviously I was concerned about the longevity of the DPF as well.

Maybe the adblue delete needs to be combined with an EGR delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.