Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have never experienced the ACC system wanting to drive me into anything. It seems much more circumspect in its approach. Even set to the shortest distance / gap it will be quite tame and if anything at all comes into 'view' it will be easing off and be preparing to brake.

If some naughty BMW or SEAT (for it is usually those) really tries to sneak into a gap they probably shouldn't be, then it will screech at me, do a "DING-DING-DING" and apply the brakes. I have complete confidence in it. Its eyes are on the road more than mine could ever be - after all, I must blink, right? And it's amazing in fog as it can see things I cannot.

This is in a Jeep. There will be different technology in different cars I'd presume.

If a truck pushed itself into the gap between my car and the vehicle in front there is no way it would ever crash into it... it would be backing-off well before any issue arose. How do I know? Yeah, that kind of stuff happens - I find it errs on the side of caution.

If a car in front of me slows right down to take a turn into a side-street it will often do the "bitchin' betty" thing and I don't like it, as I know I can maintain the same speed and just 'curve' around if needs be, but it always plays it safe. I'd rather it castigated me rather than me not have confidence in it 'seeing' things.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the ACC module can be added as an upgrade? Surely if the vehicle has radar for the vehicle close alert and short range sensors I wonder what an upgrade requires other than a box?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the ACC module can be added as an upgrade? Surely if the vehicle has radar for the vehicle close alert and short range sensors I wonder what an upgrade requires other than a box?
I found a post elsewhere that someone had enquired on this and been informed it was not possible... though I wonder if it wasn’t just a dealer dodge...

2017 GT Line EAT6

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 2021 3008 GT-Line, I've had it for a month and Absolutely LOVE IT! i-Cockpit is awesome and overall the comfort and smoothness of the ride has me super happy I made this purchase. One of the reasons I got it was for the ACC, Imay be doing something wrong, But when I set ACC and I'm in traffic, when the car comes to a complete halt it doesn't move on until I press the accelerator pedal and from this point on I cant reengage ACC until the car reaches 30 kph (18 mph). Am I doing something wrong or is this how it works in Peugeot?
Using ACC in traffic is a lifesaver for me not having to brake and accelerate all the time, as long as the traffic doesn't come to a complete halt it runs smoothly and keeps moving along...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Imay be doing something wrong, But when I set ACC and I'm in traffic, when the car comes to a complete halt it doesn't move on until I press the accelerator pedal and from this point on I cant reengage ACC until the car reaches 30 kph (18 mph).
Nope, you're not doing anything wrong, that's exactly how it's supposed to operate. If you come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds the acc will disengage and you can't re-engage it until you hit 18 mph, it's a bit of a pain but you'll learn to live with it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, you're not doing anything wrong, that's exactly how it's supposed to operate. If you come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds the acc will disengage and you can't re-engage it until you hit 18 mph, it's a bit of a pain but you'll learn to live with it :)
Alrighty, Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried ACC on my way home and found it to be a complete nightmare and quite dangerous at times. I’m not sure what the distance was set at but assume it must have been distant but couldn’t work out how to check and change it on the fly.

I set my speed limit to 130 km/hr and if I wanted to overtake a car doing 128 km/hr (for example) I had to manoeuvre much sooner than usual otherwise my speed would adjust to 128km/hr. At 2 km/hr speed difference it takes an absolute age to overtake, so cars breaking the law and coming up behind me at well over 130 km/hr are frustrated. Normally and if I am not actually overtaking I might pull over but doing so with ACC causes the car to brake fiercely and quite frighteningly. After I few frights I learnt to have my right foot ready to over-ride the cruise control. Other times I would forget the shortcomings of ACC and following a car anticipating I would overtake at some point I would look at the speedo and notice I had reduced speed so would never be in a position to overtake.

All this took place on relatively quiet French autoroutes, I probably wouldn’t have bothered with Cruise control on a busy UK motorway if the same thing happened.

Before my next trip I shall check the distance setting and if necessary set it to normal or near and see if this improves my experience.

One thing I noticed and contrary to my understanding is that if a car in front comes to a halt my car will also stop but I thought once the car in front moved forward, my car would also move without intervention but this did not appear to happen.
Sorry bud. But this has nothing to do with ACC it is all about knowing how to drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found a post elsewhere that someone had enquired on this and been informed it was not possible... though I wonder if it wasn’t just a dealer dodge...

2017 GT Line EAT6
indeed this is correct- in case anyone checking this thread wants to know- the camera in the mirror is for the “Vehicle close” and driver attention features and a separate radar at the bottom of the front bumper is needed for the adaptive CC.

it’s not standard below the GT, and the loom is significant enough that most dealers won’t consider adding it to a finished car.

there was a GT in a breakers recently but the front end went rather quickly so I wasn’t able to buy it and see for myself.

in the end I think it’s a perk but one that will
Be standardised with more vehicular autonomy in my next purchase instead.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just press pause button and it sets off with traffic. No need to re-engage. Simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 49 of 49 Posts