Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience of ASB in operation? How might one test it? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works. Driving today in heavy traffic. (20-25 mph). Distracted by car load of grand children. Failed to see stoppage ahead. The car didn’t!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Would be interested to hear a bit more about how the car functioned in your situation. Did the hazard lights come on, which they do when braking very hard yourself?

There is no substitution for driver vigilance, but I’ve only seen a few test videos with varying outcomes of the AEB function. Some tests show it successfully intervening, others not.

I’ve certainly had the 'brake' warning coming up in odd situations whilst driving, but never actual intervention.

I think the Peugeot system of AEB is purposely setup to not intervene in full braking until very late in an incident. I’ve often thought if it intervened too soon, or accidentally, it could itself cause an accident, so it must be an extremely fine line.

Reactions: xaudi

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all happened very quickly (as you might expect). Warning chime then very abrupt stop about 6 inches from the car in front. Don’t recall hazard lights activating, but they may well of done. Good way of stopping grand children from bickering tho! Glad it works. The whole episode took seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts