Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of times now I have put the handbrake on and had the 'Active Brake' amber warning light come on.

Looking at the handbook this means the active brake has been deactivated but it should have been accompanied by message.

Light stays on until I restart.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Couple of times now I have put the handbrake on and had the 'Active Brake' amber warning light come on.

Looking at the handbook this means the active brake has been deactivated but it should have been accompanied by message.

Any ideas?
There is logic around whether it is on or not. ie it is off if you unclip your seatbelt as it obviously doesn't want to autonomously put you through your own windscreen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally when the handbrake is applied and the gearbox in park the amber warning light is off.

By coming on intermittently indicates to me a possible fault?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any ideas?
I've had similar problems. I'm not going to repeat it all again so have a look at message #1 on the thread "Beginning to wish I had given Peugeot a miss" and message number #7 of the thread "Engine warning".

My biggest problem is the engine sometimes stalling with the stop / start, its done it five times in the last two days.

Good luck with the problem and please post the reason for it if your dealer finds the cause.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Any ideas?
Just confirm your seat belt properly buckled. Active safety break disabled automatically when the driver seatbelt not buckled also i noticed some vehicles if you not push harder it does not fit properly and this warning comes intermittently. Not sure this is the issue for you any how may be worth checking. It also does not display any massage just symbol indicating 'Active Safety Brake Disabled'.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks and to Pinkaadvark, I hadnt considered the seat belt - it does make sense I will have to check if it comes on again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts