Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2018 May Peugeot 5000 1.2 Allure.

Am I correct in thinking this version doesn't have a radar system fitted?

I occasionally get warnings to "too close to vehicle" or "brake". Do these come from the forward facing camera?

Does anyone know if these actually apply the brake if I don't - and does the car come to a stop?
It's pretty difficult to test it!

Thanks

·
Registered
948 Posts
The system does apply the brakes, but you shouldn't rely on it. It uses the front facing camera near the rearview mirror and can also use the radar if you have the Adaptive Cruise Control.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have just ordered my 3rd 5008 and have had the adaptive on the last 2 and I have had a couple of warnings of the "Brake" and "Too close" come up on my cars and was told it was to do with the "Radar" for the cruise control.
On a couple of occasions the car has baked itself even though there was nothing in front and on one occasion the car braked really heavily whist overtaking a HGV on the slip road between the M27 & M3 motorways. The car bought itself to a complete stop and I had to switch the engine off before I could carry on my journey. Pretty scary especially when you have your family in the car at the time..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts