Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just activated my new key. I bought a fob with the central locking buttons on it, it is supposed to be new, it certainly looks it as there is not a mark on it.

I have activated it using Planet all seemed well. I tried the key and and it started the engine and it ran ok, i left it running for a few minutes. I packed away the laptop and cables, went to start it again on the new key and it did not start. Tried my original key and it started. Put my new key in and that started it as well. Now i dont think it can be a little bit activated so does anyone have any ideas.

The other thing is the central locking does not work on the buttons of the new key but it does on the old key.
I read somewhere that you have to buy a new board is this right bearing in mind this supposed to be new. The battery voltage is 3.2v.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bettyswollocks said:
I take it theres a circuit board inside the one you bought?
Yes there is. I have tried starting the car again but the new key will not work unless the car has been started with the original key first.
It also starts different, orginal key is a smooth start, new key the engine seems to kick before it starts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
hawkeye said:
Link to fob

Had another go but had a major arse drop out, boyk keys stopped working. I did manage to get the original one back up and working though.

The ebay one seems to have some fault with it, when planet checks it it throws up a message (whick i forgot to write down. I will try again tomorrow at work and save the message.
:lol: :lol: Gives the old heart a flutter when something like that happens, it really should work if its got circuit board and transponder.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bettyswollocks said:
:lol: :lol: Gives the old heart a flutter when something like that happens, it really should work if its got circuit board and transponder.

When i got to the key activation page it asks how many keys the car has, i have been putting in 2. I think i will try one as when i reactivated my main key it all came back ok.
I will try this on the new one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hawkeye said:
When i got to the key activation page it asks how many keys the car has, i have been putting in 2. I think i will try one as when i reactivated my main key it all came back ok.
I will try this on the new one.
I got a new blade cut using the ebay photo thing (it's really good!). Anyway, just thought I would try it out in the ignition and see if it works (no coding to the car) and it worked first time. However, this is because I had already started the car with the original key and still had the original key in the car. I don't know how close you have to have the key before it will pick up the code, but when adding in a new key I would be tempted to move the original key a fair distance away and not turn on the ignition with the original key in the first place. Any key will switch on the ignition, coded or not, it just won't start the car (think it cuts fuel delivery as most things seem to work and the engine turns over).

Hope this is of some use...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts