Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car (53 reg 307sw 2.0 110hp) works perfectly 99% of the time. But sometimes you try to accelerate and if it was a petrol car I'd say the engine was flooding. The acceleration is very poor then suddenly away we go.
EGR possibly?

Malc

·
6,460 Posts
If it does not smoke unlikely to be EGR.

Check MAF is clean and all vac and turbo pipes are fitted and in good condition.

Disconnect the vac pipe from the vac pump and squirt a shot of oil into the pump and refit, lastly if Bosch injection check harness from rail pressure sensor where it drops down behind starter motor for flaking insulation/damage.

These are all common faults which can cause intermittent boost and fuelling issues

·
6,460 Posts
Gearbox end of cylinder head you will see servo vac pipe leading from it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked at vac pump. Tried to get some oil in there but I only had a spray can with no tube so it was a bit hit and miss. How much is a shot?
Cleaned MAF with some white spirit. Neither has worked. It does it more now so I suppose eventually it'll break properly and then we'll know. It goes slowly up to 3000 rpm then suddenly accelerates. Once it's cleared it's throat so to speak we're ok until the engine idles or runs gently for a while.
I can't even see the starter motor so will investigate further. There are no warning lights on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't see anything fundamentally wrong with the wiring. I did put a can of EGR cleaner through the system and it made a huge difference. BUT it's started reverting to what it was. Having done a bit of browsing on the internet I'm half inclined to suspect the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not sure if it works on the HDi engine but on other diesel cars I've owned you could unplug the MAF and it is runs better you know the MAF is faulty.

I'm having roughly the same problem with my car (2.0 110 HDi) but I've been so busy with other life things I've not done more diagnostic work on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure if it works on the HDi engine but on other diesel cars I've owned you could unplug the MAF and it is runs better you know the MAF is faulty.

I'm having roughly the same problem with my car (2.0 110 HDi) but I've been so busy with other life things I've not done more diagnostic work on it.
I was going to try that when I get home. I haven't had an engine management light up yet which I would expect if there is a faulty sensor though. Still can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I disconnected the MAF sensor and now it seems to be in the fault condition all the time. i.e. flat acceleration up to 3000 rpm then off it goes. Now does this mean the MAF is faulty intermittently? When connected the problem seems worse when the engine is hot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Seems to be fixed. I replaced the MAF sensor with a ECP one and bingo. If it breaks again I'll fork out for the proper Peugeot one.
Thanks for updating, what sort of price is an ECP one?

I gave mine a blast with carb cleaner at the weekend and my surging at high rev/full throttle has reduced significantly. I'm still not getting boost till ~1800rpm so I think I need to check the vacuum system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts