Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my Peugeot 308. In the past it had a small bump, so the ACC radar was replaced. The cruise control has not worked since then, and the clocks display an orange icon (A).
The CAN harness and power supply is OK, however, the radar displays a communication error. After replacing the radar, should it be coded for a given car? (VIN number)

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
11/2017 308SW 1.6hdi 120cv
710 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my Peugeot 308. In the past it had a small bump, so the ACC radar was replaced. The cruise control has not worked since then, and the clocks display an orange icon (A).
The CAN harness and power supply is OK, however, the radar displays a communication error. After replacing the radar, should it be coded for a given car? (VIN number)

Thank you in advance for your help.
Question: what is ACC ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
If your car had it to begin with it shouldn't need coding but it should have been properly calibrated to ensure accurate measurement. It might detecting a miscalibration and therefore be refusing to activate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11/2017 308SW 1.6hdi 120cv
710 Posts
This is interesting... i don't even know what part that actually is (visually).

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is interesting... i don't even know what part that actually is (visually).
It's the active radar module that sits just behind the front grille, covered by a plastic panel that does not inhibit the radar. I believe the 308 uses something like the AutoCruise AC100 (AC100 – Autocruise Brest). I do wish I had the adaptive cruise on my car but you can't alwats have what you want!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Unfortunately - I have a lot of errors after replacing the radar. Mainly related to communication. I checked in several workshops, unfortunately, they spread their hands ..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Retrofitting is out of the question?
Unknown, at best it would be very complicated, at worst, impossible! At the very minimum it would involve:

• Adding the radar module
  • Calibrating the radar
  • Adding any harness related to the module
  • Changing the cruise control stalk (probably)
  • Coding the car to a spec that includes adaptive cruise
  • Changes to the BSI maybe

If I had all the time in the world, money to burn and knew someone with a car that had ACC so I could have a physical example to follow, maybe I'd give it a try. My guess is that the calibration of the radar would ultimately be the trickiest part to overcome as it's not something covered by DiagBox so far as I'm aware, and would require precise set up of ranged targets etc. You can't just bolt the module on and hope for the best as these radars have incredibly narrow fields of view and the slightest misalignment could result it it not seeing half the road ahead!

Truth is it's probably never going to happen once the car has left the factory.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi,

Unfortunately - I have a lot of errors after replacing the radar. Mainly related to communication. I checked in several workshops, unfortunately, they spread their hands ..
I'm a little curious, you say the radar unit was replaced but why was it not verified to be working after replacement? You say you had a small bump, but I feel like it must have been more than small to warrant specific replacement of the radar. Was your whole front bumper ruined? As I've mentioned, these systems are very complicated and if any garage was willing to address the problem, they should be sufficiently skilled for that task, not just be swapping out parts for the fun of it and charging you money for the pleasure!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The car hit the post which mechanically damaged the radar, bumper, one holder from the headlight. Nothing special. Therefore it had to be replaced..

·
Registered
121 Posts
The car hit the post which mechanically damaged the radar, bumper, one holder from the headlight. Nothing special. Therefore it had to be replaced..
Is it at all possible that the radar module simply isn't connected properly, or if an existing loom was reused, perhaps it too is damaged? Probably no good way to check except for visual inspection of the loom, connections etc. Maybe checking there is power to the module?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts