Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
evening all,
air con has never really bothered me until now:cool: .. but story of my life mine dont work!
firstly: chap i got my 406 off is a mate so no reason to doubt his word!! he spent prior to me getting it £175 getting the AC fixed, and worked perfectly for about a month! he says it now has a slight leak and has slowly let its gas go!!
now my question is... when i press the ac button nothing happens! not expecting cold air!! but no pump cutting in, and no fan coming on! would this be normal as it has no gas in it? and will every thing spring in to life when its re gassed?
secondly: has any one had any experience with the regas kits on flea bay and the leak additive you can pop in with it?? im thinking, if it took a month to loose pressure the leak cant be that bad.... well im hoping:confused:
regards
sam....

G

·
To protect the compressor the aircon will shut down and won't cut-in if the gas falls below a certain pressure. It's normal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 said:
To protect the compressor the aircon will shut down and won't cut-in if the gas falls below a certain pressure. It's normal.
you sir are a star!
got my poorly pug booked in for monday, even did a EGR bypass today in hope! but still dying and staggering back n forth at 1800 rpm.... but as ive been a good boy im allowed to have some AC so ill be getting the same chap to have a look!
thanks again bud
sam...

·
Registered
215 Posts
sammyd said:
secondly: has any one had any experience with the regas kits on flea bay and the leak additive you can pop in with it?? im thinking, if it took a month to loose pressure the leak cant be that bad.... well im hoping:confused:
regards
sam....
Not tried the DIY method, but I believe most commercial re-gassing involves the green stuff to spot leaks and oil to prevent the inside of the pipes losing the gas through becoming porous. I had virtually the same problem as you re: slow losing gas, it can be porous pipes, but seals on the compressor shaft is also a possibility.
From the cost you mention I'm guessing the rad's been changed?

My next door neighbour is an aircon engineer and sounds like he really knows what he's talking about (when he's sober anyway)

rgds
djimbo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.