Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so a year back my AC started to not work. It fails to blow cold air, as I live in Norway this is only a problem during hot summers. As there are few hot summers, this only became an issue now.

As I’ve been trouble shooting other issues , i tried to also looking at the AC.

I put it on full fan and turned it down to low, with the door open. It is 19 degrees celcius outside, and i fail to hear the relay click as i seem to remember it did.

when i look under the bonnet , i see the aux.belt running. However it does not seem like the compressor is running/clicked in. Is there some sort of solenoid clutching the compressor in/out pending temperature?

furthermore, i had a PP run earlier due to a P0335 error. This did Not give any errors on AC or temp sensors etc.
Can this be fuse,relay issue? Temperature sensor or connector?
Or will theese show as errors in the PP?
or is it simply a faulty compressor, or missing coolant?

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's a clutch on the compressor, however I believe it will not engage if the A/C refigerant pressure is below a certain level, the car may need regasing.
My car had no pressure, it had all leaked out and no fault codes were logged in planet

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a clutch on the compressor, however I believe it will not engage if the A/C refigerant pressure is below a certain level, the car may need regasing.
My car had no pressure, it had all leaked out and no fault codes were logged in planet
would not surprise me if that is the case , on e should think having a pressure sensor should be enough to trigger an alarm and tell that it has low pressure. But I guess that would be asking for to much

·
Registered
21 Posts
would not surprise me if that is the case , on e should think having a pressure sensor should be enough to trigger an alarm and tell that it has low pressure. But I guess that would be asking for to much
The pressure sensor may be readable in Planet, but I'm not sure; maybe have a dive through the menus

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same issue on my new e-208. Took it back to the workshop for a check but they said it was all in spec. Outdoor temp today was 22degC but cabin temp rose up to 28. Tried A/C max and recirc but still blows out warm air.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the same issue on my new e-208. Took it back to the workshop for a check but they said it was all in spec. Outdoor temp today was 22degC but cabin temp rose up to 28. Tried A/C max and recirc but still blows out warm air.
Do you hear it click or does it never click in at all?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok, so probably the compressor clutch doesn't engage. You can see this by looking at the compressor (the serpentine belt goes around it) and switching AC on/off. You should see the "center part" of the compressor start to rotate and stop as you press the AC button. If not, this is likely because there's not enough pressure in the system (could be other reasons of course). On mine the problem was the condenser (it's very often the condenser as that's right in front of the car just behind the cooling fan and gets hit/corrodes over the years) that had developed a leak over the years. After filling the AC the system worked for a month or so, but then the pressure fell enough and it wouldn't start anymore. Replaced the condenser (this is super easy, 30 min job, no special tools needed) and got the AC filled. Works like a charm.

The condenser looked like this (you can see the yellowish color where it leaked):

Replacement part: Valeo 818170 (original was 6456 GK, but of course yours might have different)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts