Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone please tell me the location of the low pressure switch and the compressor relay???
My compressor is working (I hot wired it to check) but the clutch is not engaging as in it does not receive signal...
cannot find the low pressure switch to check if its working nor can i find the compressor relay...Any suggestions??
Thanks, Joris

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
According to Haynes the relay is in the main fuse box. It also shows a Pressostat in the circuit diagram but no mention of where it is I am afraid. This is the A/C circuit without climate control, mind.

·
6,314 Posts
The only sensor shown on the A/C Pipework is located adjacent to the filling point located on the rear end of the pipe before it snakes round behind the engine. Not the filling point at front of engine bay, somewhere near strut turret i would guess from diagram

·
Registered
49 Posts
You didn't say if you actually have sufficient pressure in the system - I presume you have already checked that?
When the garage was fixing mine they decided it was holding gas but the clutch was sticking. When I hooked it up to planet I discovered it was locked out, took it back and the mechanic was like "it is defintiely holding gas, look - oh!". Turned out the condenser was cracked. Works great now. Wish the rest of the car worked as well!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re Brilec: I know but where is it is the question; The one described by windy1603 is on the high pressure side ( the leaner pipe). Following the fatter pipe, usually the low pressure pipe, there is no sensor/switch
Re JimW: The system has been re gassed. I Australia you can only have this done by a pro aircon person. They emptied the system, checked for leaks and then re gassed. To check the workings of the compressor I ran a wire straight from the battery to the compressor. This engaged the clutch and the air-con was blowing cold air.

Re Madbadandold: I will check these again, i have not seen this relay in the main fuse box..Silly Question maybe, my a/c controls are is digital, does this mean it is an a/c with climate control?

Thanks for trying to point me in the right direction guys! Still no success. Has anyone got access to the electrical wiring schedule?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
These systems are not like the old systems where basically only low/high pressures would prevent the system from working. In these modern systems, any number of seemingly unrelated things can shut them down. Faulty temp sender unit, faulty cooling fans/system etc.

You need to scan the system with PP2000 [live and static] and see if there are strange readings [temp especially] and use PP2000 to activate components to see if they are functioning [like fans]

Also, CAREFULLY check ALL fuses in fusebox and BSI for continuity/corrosion.

Good luck... ;)

·
6,314 Posts
The sensor is both high/low pressure. Digital display is climate control.

Does your internal blower fan work. If the internal fan does not work it locks out A/C clutch.

Basically the climate control display has integrated ecu which switches clutch and engine ECU via BSI/under bonnet fuse box (relays integrated into fuse box)
as long as it sees correct system pressure, operating fan and demand for cooling

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
re WillNZ and windy1603 thanks guys for the info..I have found info on how to replace the relay that is indeed said to be soldered/integrated into fusebox.
Need to check first where the system fails. Guess i am forced to go to a peugeot mechanic to have a PPread done..Gonna cost me a fortune!! What a shame that this car is so hard to work on, it makes it an unaffordable car for me.. Can I purchase PP myself? is it hard to use?Should I give it a go to solder a new relay in..Jeewiz

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just out of sheer interest: How bad would it be to just bypass the system and hard wire the compressor to an in cabinswitch via the high/low pressure switch?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Overgassing the system will also shut it down.

Who did the regas? A professional? Simply adding gas without running the system up and checking working pressures is not good enough. Did it work at all after the regas?

I dont have the exact specs for your car but rough guides for pressure at rest for a R134a system [i.e. not running] are [email protected] ambient going up to [email protected]

If you bypass the electronics by directly activating the compressor, you can then check low and high pressures and see if they are within spec. If they are, you can then assume there is an electric/electronic problem somewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok i am also coming across posts of resetting the BSI. It is mentioned as a possible reason for a/c malfunction. I did have the battery disconnected, can this disrupt the proper working of the BSI and therefore the a/c???
My fob key does not work, to reset the BSI it is mentioned to hold the lock key down for 10 seconds, Is there another way to reset the BSI??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The remote buttons on the key have no bearing on the bsi reset at all. They simply work the central locking. There are several methods involving depressing the lock button for around 10 secs etc to try to re-sync the remote central locking feature, but not always successful. Could be a faulty fob as well.

Battery disconnect/BSI reset method... https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/how-guides-tutorials-153/procedure-battery-disconnection-3-minute-rule-293106/

Do the battery disconnect, leave disconnected for around 15mins with the loose pos+neg terminals connected together [this helps discharge the electrical system], then reconnect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re Brilec, WillNZ:It was done by a professional, he checked for leaks with his machine before re gassing (think this is by Australian environmental law that he cannot regas a leaking system)
He did not get the system working, so i guess he has not checked for pressure with the system running....
Ill try and reset the BSI as a long shot and then directly activate the compressor. Will have to get it back to old mate to get the pressure checked...
Thanks for the replies ill keep you posted.

Greetings , joris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts