Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just been looking for a thread to tack my question onto but seems a new thread is required.
Simple question made involved..Has anybody removed a front wheel abs sensor and refitted it without damage to it, Or if one is rusted in do you break it out and buy new?
If it will come out whats the best way to achieve this?
Life gets tedious when you just need to change a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hi all, just been looking for a thread to tack my question onto but seems a new thread is required.
Simple question made involved..Has anybody removed a front wheel abs sensor and refitted it without damage to it, Or if one is rusted in do you break it out and buy new?
If it will come out whats the best way to achieve this?
Life gets tedious when you just need to change a wheel bearing.
That might come under balljoint replacing think there is a how to guide somewhere.

Sorry on the guide trems was stuck solid might need soaking in plus gas before hand for 24 hours .

Dont think you have to remove it to change bearing looking at trems guide.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/407-lower-balljoint-replacement-13760/

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks nige been looking in the wrong places then. Sorry mods will try to do better.
Just had a look at your link nige. My problem with the sensor in place is I cant remove the hub to get the bearing pressed in. I could if the harness came with it but then the sensor would prevent a press from getting access to the bearing properly.
Nobody knows the trouble ive seen,.. I suppose I shouldn't say that on a 407 forum! :bang:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts