Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me before I spend a mega amount replacing an ABS pump, I have a warning indicator on the dash of my 2009 4007, I removed the ABS light, it's back on again after a short drive, I have plugged in and got code C2116 Recirculation pump supply. The fault code mentions ‘supply’, Is the electrics to the unit any good is there anything I can check or test to see if there is a power problem, I have issues of the battery going flat, I have replaced it with a new battery but after a few days it loses power, just spent £72 just for a garage through my rip off warranty company to tell me a code.
Any help is really appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can you clarify the amount of time taken for battery going flat. If you have electrical fault in charging circuits or battery is below 12v than anything (ie code wise) thereafter is not necessarily a problem or source issue inc. ABS light coming on.

The code has two main meanings, a low voltage condition when the ABS Pump Motor is activated/deactivated and/or a high voltage condition when the ABS Pump Motor is activated/deactivated.

I would start with the battery issue and resolve the charging circuit before doing anything else.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you clarify the amount of time taken for battery going flat. If you have electrical fault in charging circuits or battery is below 12v than anything (ie code wise) thereafter is not necessarily a problem or source issue inc. ABS light coming on.

The code has two main meanings, a low voltage condition when the ABS Pump Motor is activated/deactivated and/or a high voltage condition when the ABS Pump Motor is activated/deactivated.

I would start with the battery issue and resolve the charging circuit before doing anything else.
Hi, my Bluetooth module didn't work and on the forum someone suggested I remove it, it did help but the cold weather made the car hard to start, possible glow plugs, this is the 2nd battery I purchased top name battery, if I leave the 4007 for 2-3 days with out starting it, it struggles and turns over slowly, I purchased a battery tester today and new fuses and will replace them all and to test on battery, my alternator charges around 14 volts but I will do a check with every electrical thing on to see what the charge is, I will also check all connections.

Any help advice of what to check would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check the condition of the earthing wires. If you have multimeter than high ohm reading in an earth wires is bad. It is possible for the alternator to give 14v and still be the problem, if for example one of the rectifier didoes blow/go (creates a phase charging issue and can kill batteries) it can be providing voltage but not charge. (normally it is a voltage regulator that goes in an alternator which is easy to diagnose)

Hope you find this of help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts