Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My Peugeot 307 has been out of action for a while needed new clutch this has now been rectified.
However I have reconnected the battery which I took off to keep charged. Having reconnected the battery and switch on or start I get the ABS warning and Airbag warning come up on screen.
I have an Elm 327 (usb to interface) using the EasyObdII Version 2.2.0 software (haven’t used it as such yet) is it possible to reset with this program or do I need other software.
If I need other software can someone advise what I need as an amateur and not costing a fortune?
Thank you Guys

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
what i mean by that is that i have been told peugeots are a pain in the rear to get odbII devices to work due to compatability issues. also on reading other posts Elm scanners do not work because of this issue. but on ebay you can pick up a clone device and laptop software (runs on xp only) for approx £130. which is exactly the same as the peugeot/citroen dealers use. there is a post that will directly link you to the fleabay shop. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply.
That’s a bit more than I want to pay.
Going to sell this car once it’s on the road NO MORE PEUGEOTS for me.
Was told as the car has been laying around for a while the sensors on ABS have got a bit dirty and if I drove the car around for a while the ABS would probably go off.
I thought because the battery had been off they would need to be reset.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
nah to fix the abs you will more than likely need to take the wheel off and remove the sensor and chissel the carp of the houseing it sits on, driving around wont do a thing if thats a case, can prove that on mine, drove about 1500miles plus with the abs fault, just got worse and worse, took to peugeot and it cost £280 to fix.

cant say for the airbag, apart from if it doesnt go, you might have a faulty comm2000 unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi John
Cleaned all the crud off the rings Checked the ohms still got problem.
May have to invest in that Peugeot Planet do you know if it does other cars?
Just fitted a new comm2000 airbag may only want resetting The abs is the pain need that to pass test.
Thanks for your input
Brian

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hmmm.. could be a dodgy sensor then mate have you got the airgap right - 2mm?

it only does peugeot and citroens unfortunately, but well worth it, dont have to spend loads on going to a dealer :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi John
Funny was thinking of that I don't think there is an adjustment is there? I suppose could use washers or something like that.
Managed to get two front ABS sensors that had been working on the car they came off but alas did not make any difference.
My friend may have found a guy who has a Peugeot Planet tool so maybe might get to the problem.
I drove it down the farm drive (where I keep it) today and noticed after the first 5Min or so the warnings went off and the date and time stayed on OK. However when I turned it off and restarted it came back. I also noticed the speedometer was not working. Get it cracked one day I hope.

Regards
Brian

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Yeah i had this problem also, i beleive the speed sensors and abs sensors are the same thing. when i was sat at traffic lights with the handbrake on and not in gear, the speedo will jump around 0-15mph a beeping will occur with the message "handbrake on", turned out it was the rear driving side (almost 90% of the time it is the rears). didnt get this problem as soon as the fault was detected and the warning light came on. when i took it to peugeot they had to put spacers in to get the right airgap, so washers are a good start.

it would be beneficial to get peugeot planet onto it to find out which one it is, because you could be fine well wasting your time on a good one. but then again its better to be proactive then reactive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts