Peugeot Forums banner

ABS System Faulty but nothing more

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  windy1603 
#1 ·
I'm having a tinker with my sister's 207 1.4 2009, and on startup it is giving the message ABS SYSTEM FAULTY , and the abs light is lit, however no other messages are being displayed and everything apart from the abs seems to work ok.

I began to check out things, there is no error code through OBD2 , I decided to change the abs pump as it seems prone to problems but it made no difference, I've also checked the front sensors , if I unplug one I get the same error, if I unplug both I get the whole Christmas tree light up, but swapped them over to find fault but to no avail, everything's mirrored with faults from either side giving the impression the front sensors are ok a fault code is only generated when both sensors are unplugged and clears fine when restored.

So I'm at a loss so far as to what it could be, im about to check the back wheels but just thought I'd ask while I'm doing it if anyone knows anything?

#2 ·
Your OBD2 Reader most likely only reads engine codes and not ABS system which is why you have no codes. I would look for someone nearby with Planet/Diagbox and get them to read the codes.

#3 ·
I have realised it doesn't read abs codes, seen as I've changed the pump with ECU and bled the brakes thru with some fresh juice new pads and discs all round , the only thing that could possibly be faulty now is one or more of the sensors or the actual cabling? So seen as a full set of sensors is about 60 quid, am I wrong to think if I just change them all that it should possibly sort it?

#6 ·
Check cables where they cross from the axle to the body and by the fuel,tank for damage. If you have access to a code reader its also worth swapping sensors or their plugs if harness allows to see if code moves which idehtifies a faulty sensor

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.