Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2005 307 Estate 2.0 HDi RHY engine with 390.000Km on her. The last couple of days I have noticed that on start-up the ABS and STOP light stays on for up to 5 seconds before going out.
Everything works perfectly but I am concerned that this could be a sign of a future problem.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have noticed over the last couple of days that the first start of the morning is not as positive as it usually is. So this morning I put a meter across the battery before starting and read 12.14V. When my wife turned the starter it dropped to 8.7V before springing into life. Once started it was showing 13.8V so alternator seems fine. Once it starts the first time it is perfect for the rest of the day.
I have ordered a new battery as that seems to be the problem. I fitted the present Yuasa battery in about 2016 so can't complain really.
I will update when new battery if fitted to see if this cures the problem.

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have checked charging rate and belt is properly adjusted. As you are always saying, it is the load readings on the battery that count. I am fairly certain that it is the battery. The battery is about 6 years old so it has done good service. We will be spending a couple of months in the Alps and the temperature often drops to -15C overnight. I do not want to be stuck up there with it not starting so I think that the price of a battery will be well spent. I have ordered one with a 640Amp CCA so that should do it.

· Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Yes people tend to think that the voltage is king but I have had a good 12 volt reading and the battery was a dud! So the battery tester is a good investment, especially if like me you have a few vehicles (kids cars as well as my own!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts