Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My French registered mpv has just failed its mot (ct) due to the abs light showing. It was like it when I bought it and there was an older estimate for the steering module to be replaced with a note that it would have to be recoded.
the vin is VF3EB4HWG13268755.
Any advice on replacing the parts and numbers would be gratefully received.
I have already replaced all the wheel sensors.

·
5,618 Posts
Sounds more like comm2000 steering angle sensor fault based on the repair quote. Is the esp light on as well.

You need to get codes read to be 100%

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the steering angle part that the garage quoted for and it also mentioned apprentissage which i assume means programming. ESP light is on.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
If the ABS light is on then most likely the ESP light will also be on, both rely on the ABS wheel sensors, one of which has probably failed. You need to find out which one before you can go any further.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the ABS light is on then most likely the ESP light will also be on, both rely on the ABS wheel sensors, one of which has probably failed. You need to find out which one before you can go any further.
All wheel sensors were replaced recently by myself. The abs light is showing on the steering console. The central console says ESP/ASR faulty

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Well unless you get the system checked with a code reader capable of looking at the ABS module we are all guessing. It would have helped if you had mentioned before that you had changed the sensors.
But even one slightly out of position will bring up an error. Do they use the magnetic washer by the bearing? If that is slightly damaged you get the light on too. Guess how I know that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry, but I did mention the sensors. I will have to get things checked out then by someone with the correct reader. Firstly, i will see if the wiring sockets are in good condition.
The warning comes on when the car is stationary.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered a Topdon Elite so expect me back when I get my hands on it.
Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
The part you are referring to will be the steering angle sensor in the com unit this does indeed need calibrated once fitted it needs the WHOLE com unit there are various part numbers that will fit and work.

Having said that it might JUST need calibrated as if ts not calibrated the esp and abs faults will come on anyway.

Any previous work on the steering or adjustment of tracking can throw it out of parameters

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I will keep that in mind. Will the scanner be able to correct the calibration if it is the problem?
Do the pad wear indicators have any bearing on the ABS indicator?

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Like i say it may just need recalibrated but you need planet or similar to do it handheld readers cannot do it if it cannot be calibrated then you will need a replacement com unit

Its not actually anything to do with the brakes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The vin is VF3EB4HWG13268755. Can you tell me what the correct Bosch part number is? I want to get the parts ready.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts