Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, ok i'm resetting my air gap on my rear sensors as i keep getting the abs warning light,(its really annoying as it comes on,but then after a few it goes out again,only to return ) i have taken it all apart and cleaned it all but i'm thinking my gap is too large now,trouble is ,i can't find anything thin enough to use,i tried a washer but even my thinest made the sensor touch.so any ideas what i can use as a shim ? to reduce the airgap. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pete, i actually made a washer in the end and a non rusting one at that...out of wait for it........... a guitar pletrum of all things. so now my gap is about 0.5 mm so i guess i'll just see if my light goes away :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Pete, i actually made a washer in the end and a non rusting one at that...out of wait for it........... a guitar pletrum of all things. so now my gap is about 0.5 mm so i guess i'll just see if my light goes away :thumb:
Did this work in the end? i.e. did your lights go out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep it worked like a charm,i just cut a little washer from ther plastic pletrum and the light went straight off,not been on since,and as for the music it rocks lol :thumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest i didn't,once its all back together and your looking at it you'll be able to tell, i tried a couple of washers but when it all went back together the sensor was so close to the hub i could not even see light thru it,when i used the plastic pletrum,i was able to shape it to the right shape and size but rubbing it gently on some sandpaper,then once all back together you'll be able to tell, if you really wanted to be accurate you could use some feeler guages. hope this helps.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts