Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, hope you can help, car failed Mot:( on front ball joints and ABS fault, car is `09` 407sw, changed front joints myself, relatively straight forward job:thumb: ABS fault had already been pinpointed as O/S/R sensor fault, checked sensor, sure enough broken wire, tried to repair, did not work. purchased new sensor and fitted, remembering to drop the fuel tank. whilst fitting sensor, noted cracks in ABS exciter ring, used a suede brush to clean off dirt to check more closely, ABS ring fell to pieces and parts dropped off:mad: refitted wheel etc, knowing it should fault again, sure enough 20mph+ abs light back on. My question is, is it possible to buy the ring as a spare part, and is it an easy job to remove the rear hub to fit it?. all help gratefully received, Regards, Hornet1068.

C

·
0 Posts
AFAIK you can't get rings for the 407. If you could the rear hub and bearing are one piece and the bearing will fall apart when removing the hub.

It'll need a replacement hub, not too bad job, you'll need a puller and something to cut the inner race of the wheel bearing off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the rapid response, guess a new hub is the way to go then:) can anybody tell me the torque setting for the hub nut please. I have heard 250nm mentioned, is this correct. thank you Hornet1068

1 - 4 of 4 Posts