Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it turns out I need two ABS sensors - both offside. The front one I was almost sure I needed as it's physically chipped - the rear one, I think my mate busted pulling on it when we were cleaning the rings (just my luck).

The dealer prices for them are in the £49.22 and £49.84 and I can get compatible ones from fleabay for £8.91 and £12.20

I'm used to dealer parts being overpriced, but usually it's maybe 70-200% overpriced, not 500%.... Are these cheap sensors likely to work as needed or are they probably crap?

There are a load of sensors available with a huge range of prices - can anyone recommend a decent, non genuine one which won't break me, but will be reliable?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Have ypu tried euro car parts slavey?? They often have genuine parts. Worth a shot, or try carparts4less.com, same company but cheaper, downside is only order online, no collection

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

·
5,087 Posts
Got my last ones from eurocarparts was awhile ago but think they were £25 Ish for the rears never had a problem with them after that, well until it was rear ended That upset the electrics a fair bit lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Have ypu tried euro car parts slavey?? They often have genuine parts. Worth a shot, or try carparts4less.com, same company but cheaper, downside is only order online, no collection

Actually have both site open already lol - Sensors are around £30 each from them. Money is a little tight right now so I want to get the best bang per buck as it were. Christmas followed by my eldest sons 17th birthday has me a little tapped out at the moment.

I have no problem spending the money, I just don't want to waste it heh.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Not sure where my dad got his from for his last 407, im guessin ebay, im sure he will tell us tomorrow lol

C

·
0 Posts
I got my front one off fleabay perfect fit no issues after i fitted them

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure where my dad got his from for his last 407, im guessin ebay, im sure he will tell us tomorrow lol

Got my last ones from eurocarparts was awhile ago but think they were £25 Ish for the rears never had a problem with them after that, well until it was rear ended That upset the electrics a fair bit lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Errr heh....

·
Registered
254 Posts
i had both rear sensores replaced on my car, got the parts from euro car parts and was only £35 each genuine pug part. hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I got a pair from Ebay for about £25 including delivery. Used one and still got a spare.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, based on a couple comments here, and feedback on ebay, going to take a punt on the cheap ones - worst thing that will happen is they won't work and I send them back for a refund and go up to a better unit. Even if they work, but don't last, it'll get the ABS and ESP working again for now and might be a little more flush when re-replacement comes around heh.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Went with the ebay cheapies - installed now and all warnings clear - of course, I can't speak about longevity, but work they do :)

Getting the front sensor out was a MAJOR pain in the ass tho - and in keeping with my usual experience, every time I fix something I break something - this time it was the o/s/f inner brake pad sensor - no warnings coming up but it's tied up out of the way - something else to add to the to-do list - hopefully a cheap part *crosses fingers*. Knowing my luck it'll be 4 new pads - brakes I always do in pairs heh

·
Registered
909 Posts
I removed all my pad wear sensors as they kept throwin up false errors. They have been off over a year now with no ill effects. I check pads each time i wash the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sensors and Sat Nav

I have had both rears replaced on my 407 Coupe, found some on ebay made by Bosch, on each occasion when they failed my sat nav wouldn't work properly. Works fine when the sensors are replaced. The petrol tank has to be lowered to feed the sensors through.

Don

1 - 16 of 16 Posts