Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Fairly easy,

Remove the rear caliper and disc,
unscrew the sensor and clean off any rust making sure the area the sensor sits on is free of rust clean and flat.
Then clean up the magnetic ring with a cloth and brake cleaner or something similiar

Then just refit everything :)

think some guys do it without removing the brakes but i think i prefer doing it this way

Terry

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason i have asked is i have just had new discs & pads fitted at a garage now i have got the ABS light on,discs have the bearings already fitted.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Just a thought i know garage fitted rear discs and like you i would draw the conclusion that the abs fault was the rears but how sure are you its not the fronts

Also i think when i fitted discs on my 307 there was with and without abs rings available hope they fitted correct ones should that be rhe case. You might have checked on ecp web page with your registration number just to see if with and without are available for your car

Hope you get it fixed worrying time when you need your mot :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would assume its the rear only because there were no light previous to new rear disc,s fitted,yes my car needs the ABS ring i did ask the garage to make sure they have fitted the correct ones to which they said yes.

·
Super Moderator
1,785 Posts
Thread closed. Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.