Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after a bit of advice, my pug 307 52 plate 2.0 hdi has come up with C1381 abs recirculation pump electrical fault. I've unplugged it and it all looks clean visually checked the wiring etc . But it is now coming up with the fault every other day now. I'm thinking its the pump at fault? Do they need programming if I buy a 2nd hand one ? Anyone else seen this fault code before . Apreatiate any help :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
found this from another forum might be helpful
l
they tested the pump but only reported that they had found faults, im not so sure they did anything except relieve me of £250
im sure i found the problem yesterday, managed to get hold of an abs wiring diagram and it told me that there should be two permanent 12 volt feeds on the multiplug and i only had one. Found a corroded fuseholder on the panel behind the ecu in the engine bay, cleaned it up light went out and touch wood its been ok since
Thanks for the input though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys appreatiate it. I've got a wiring diagram and my 12v feeds and earths are present. I can get the pump to run with plannet . I've checked all the mega fuses . All seems ok. I've cleaned the plug up and sealed the wiring. But I know it will be back on in a day or so ......I'm also getting told they need programming . I've got plannet but I've never programmed before

·
5,674 Posts
There is a post on here somewhere with a similar fault they removed the cover on the motor and found worn brushes, they found some similar on ebay filed down and fitted which cleared fault.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The pump failed on my 52 plate 1.6 petrol recently. At first I had a grinding noise, but eventually the noise stopped and the ABS warning came on. I had it checked with the diagnostics kit and it reported that the ABS recirculation pump had seized. I got another one on ebay for £30.00 and it's been fine since :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks janner Yeah I think I'm going to go down that route . Easy enough to change ? Also if I get one that is a different number do u programm it just by changing the type, tyre size etc? Was yous the same?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was lucky, the one I bought came from the same model, so it didn't need any programming. I believe you have to change some settings with planet if it comes from a different model. Ask someone more knowledgeable than me, I'm sure they'll help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've come to it today and I can't fault it since I've checked all the wiring etc so gonna run it and see what happens

S

·
0 Posts
Has it got like a black protective cover over it?

abs pumps were known for water ingress and were also part of a recall to fit the black plastic cover to prevent this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it's got the cover fitted. When I unplugged it to test the wiring was pretty clean to be honest .just fingers crossed the light stays off. I'm not convinced it will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts