Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the forum and peugeot 307 with the dreaded abs pump warning lights.

I get the STOP, ABS FAULT BREAKING FAULT about 50% of the time i drive it. ( Cant seem to correlate any specific driving patterns/conditions with the warnings)

I have tried taking sensors off to clean but big problems... One of the sensors bolts is rounded and the other one sheered off when i gave it a bit to much of a turn! The car did come with a long history of abs problems and lots of new sensors.

Anyway I dont think it is a sensor issue as the air gap looks just right and the hubs are clean. I am not getting any abs sensor warnings from diagnostic just a number of abs pump faults.

Really hope someone can help here. I am looking to buy a used pump from ebay but no idea on what the part number is.

I have a 1.4 hdi 2002 307. (SD02 LHG) I rang my local peugeot garage and they said it is against policy to give out part numbers!!! ( even though they are happy for me to take my car there when i have sourced a replacement pump!)

One thing to note is my wheel arch is missing some plastic. Not sure where abs pump is located or how to access it. i read somewhere else it could be a wiring loom issue? (not the most mechanically minded person).

Thank you for any help you can give.

Jacob

·
11,766 Posts
Hello Jacob.

If you post or PM your chassis number we'll be able to tell you the part number in Peugeot Servicebox - there are three 1.4's listed, each with a different BHP, so we'd need to make sure we get the right one.

The ABS pump is located in the upper front left wheel arch, so if you're missing a piece of plastic that could be the problem - especially if the protective bag is also missing.

As for the ABS sensors, they're fastened on with allen (hex) screws so I'm not sure what you mean when you say they're rounded. a long 5mm allen key through one of the wheel nut holes is how you get to unscrew them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thank you for response. My vin number is VF33C8HZB82405857.

The allen key bolt has rounded so no luck with that. I have bought a kit for removing rounded bolts so hopefully will work.

On the other side the bolt was stiff so when i turned with a lot of power the bolt sheered off. This obviously was a bigger problem and now planning how to remove remaining thread. (possibly have to drill it out.) For now the sensor is glued back on with araldite ( I know this is a bad idea but couldnt think what else to do!)

I think i can see the abs pump ( is it drivers side?) I have uploaded a photo of the huge chunk of plastic missing. The wires going into ( what i assume is abs pump) seem intact but I dont know how to check them properly.

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to Wayne (Paz44) for finding me the part number. It is listed as 4541 t3. problem is on ebay no one has them listed like that. Most are in a long number format ( I assume this is Bosch no.) Anyway at least now i have a clue to my puzzle.

Just had a look at my car again and realised its the passenger side. This side also has a poor mud guard but the pump has the cover fitted snuggly around it.

I think i will need to take bumper off to get to it, but whilst i was there i noticed an odd wire hanging from near it. Can anyone tell me what this is for.... the main plug is attached to the abs unit then this comes out of the wiring loom nearby. See photo.

Thanks again for all the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Jacob.

If you post or PM your chassis number we'll be able to tell you the part number in Peugeot Servicebox - there are three 1.4's listed, each with a different BHP, so we'd need to make sure we get the right one.

The ABS pump is located in the upper front left wheel arch, so if you're missing a piece of plastic that could be the problem - especially if the protective bag is also missing.

As for the ABS sensors, they're fastened on with allen (hex) screws so I'm not sure what you mean when you say they're rounded. a long 5mm allen key through one of the wheel nut holes is how you get to unscrew them.
I have the same problem, my mehanic can not find the correct abs, because there is more then one for the 307, can anyone help me with finding the correct abs part number from my vin?

Best regards

Dannie

P

·
0 Posts
Is that loose cable for fog lights?

I'd advise checking all the wiring going into the plug that connects to the abs pump. I had abs problems for ages before tracing it a brake inside the plug.

When i wanted access to the pump I took the front bumper off as well. Offered way more space to get at it and made it easier to put the protective bag back on.

With the wheel arch liners on your car looking damaged, I'd wager one of the wires has corroded or muck has gotten inside, may just need a good cleaning.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Some 307's had two horns, one was located between the abs pump and the bumper with the other between the pump & the bulkhead. That cable looks like it could be for a horn. The plug looks like the one that fits on my horn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Part number: 4541 T1
Thank you Gibbo, the part is now ordert.

Anyone knows something about sunroofs? i open my sunroof and the battery was disconected, now it will not go back to the close posision so i have to turn the screw to close it.

Im a noob when it comes to cars

·
Registered
1 Posts
abs part number

I have the same stop light problem with my peugeot 307 and need a new abs unit but I don't know the part number I need to buy one from ebay my vin number is vf33cnfub 82909399 can anyone help me please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I have had my 307 on the diagnostics machine and it says ABS pump fault, the garage have checked all the sensors and it still says pump fault please could you give me part number for new pump my vin number is VF33CRFNC82770592 MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts