Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 307 2.0 HDI, the messages ESP/ASR not functioning & also Antipollution Fault are staying on and its staying in limp mode.

The main dealer has plugged it in and has said their computer cant communicate with the ABS pump Module and so they have condemned it and say it'll cost about £1300 to replace. They reset the fault and the car drove ok for a week then the messages reappeared and we're now back to square one.

Firstly does the price sound about right to replace it and also is this a plausible solution to resolve the issue. They say the antipollution side is controlled by the same module, can this be confirmed by someone to put my mind at rest.

I have seen one or two of these pumps & modules together on ebay, for between £90 and £170, if I got one and fitted it myself, would it need to be plugged back into the main dealers machine to remove the warning messages or would it sense it working ok and I'll be ok.

Thanks in advance

C

·
0 Posts
Yes, it's quite plausible I'm afraid. That figure is around ball park for parts and labour.

It's not exactly common, but does crop up more than average. I dunno if any of our 307 gurus have come up with a workaround for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having read a few more pages on the forums, I've found that there was a recall around 2008 for possible water ingress into the module. My problems did first start whilst driving in heavy rain on the motorway.

I have not been given any notice of a recall, not being the original owner I guess I wasn't notified, would I now be too late to get anything repaired under that recall now, the main dealer certainly didn't mention anything about one or even suggest the problem was caused by water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts