Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought a 307 cheap as needed a 7 seater knowing it had an absolute fault but for 300 it was a good car and rather tidy even though it's envy spec anyway caught a mate who had a diagnostic machine and it read open circuit not b+/ n to recirc pump has anyone had this problem before and places to start looking before sending it too the garage as can only do basic checks

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Well until you get it read through the right "translator" for want of a better term you will really be guessing I would have said.
So saying you could start by gaining access to the module in the left front wheel arch(remove the wing inner lining or remove the bumper) and check the plug for water ingress etc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kind of difficult ATM that's why I asked him and checked the plug to the module and it's got the bag on motor looks good and no water ingress in the connecter but there is the grease in there

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well got the problem sorted now took it to a mate who put it on his diagnostic not pp but came up with the open circuit fault code so dropped it off with him Saturday and on advice from another mate he was told to check the black relay on the battery box and hey presto that was the problem he swapped it with another one for me and all working fine and lights are all gone off the dash so that's one to keep in mind as I haven't seen this problem anywhere but with no cost involved I was very chuffed now it's time to put it through its mot not bad for a 300 quid car

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
307 sw 1.6 16v 2004 and the relay is on the front of the battery box also the same as fitted on the 308 sport in the same location can't miss it when you on the bonnet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts