Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a break light on with the stop light flashing. Abs and esp is also on. Initially I could clear it but it comes back but all of a sudden i just stop getting communication with the module. I know for sure my pump is working if not I shouldn’t be getting firm breaking. Some time last week everything cleared off itself but came back the next day.any ideas?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The physical braking force is not affected by the ABS if ABS is not working. ABS prevents wheels skidding by pulsing the affected brake. So you will always have brakes. What you have probably got is one or more of the wheel sensors not working intermittingly. You need to check each one for signs of damage or corrosion under the sensors, especially on the rear wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But that doesn’t account for why I don’t have communication with the abs module. If I did, I could easily know the exact abs to sensor to fix. My main issue is that I can’t diagnose abs module

·
2,624 Posts
Hi..as 'mad' says earlier its easy to remove the wheels and carefully remove the rear abs sensors and de-scale the area where the sensor fits,I had the same problem on my 307 and I fixed it quicker than waiting for diagbox to load ....

·
6,000 Posts
No comms is normally a dead pump, corroded terminals in the ABS pump connector or corroded/blown fuse(s) in the underbody fuse box, at least two fuses (one of which is a maxi fuse down the front of the fusebox) or a mixture of any of the above.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a pp2000 please can you guide me as to what fuses i should look out for?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I really hope it’s not the pump. Can you guide me as to the location of The fuses to look out for

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this,

But my CV boot poo'd itself, then my abs light came on.

Are the fronts ones as easy the clean as the rears??

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The majority of the fuses are behind the glove box on the passengers side of the facia with additional fuses(including the larger, higher rated fuses) in the fuse/relay box on the LH side of the engine compartment. List of fuses is given on the fusebox cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts