Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've had my car at the garage and hes found problems with the esp/abs module.

He says that the abs module is not coded to the ecu and when he tried with his bosch computer unit it crashed and when he tried with peugeot tool is only gave him the option of petrol and my car is diesel. He says that someone must have messed about with it before i got the car and possible put the wrong module on.

Hes going to try and flash the software on both the ecu and abs module first.

We get the issue of when we rev past 3000rpm for a prolonged time we get the esp/asp error light and then the revs are limited to 2000rpm, so he seems to think this abs module issue is making the car go into limp home mode and thats why we have been getting acceleration problems.

Basically does this sound true and has anyone had similar problems and what was their fix?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
chris_h16 said:
Hi

I've had my car at the garage and hes found problems with the esp/abs module.

He says that the abs module is not coded to the ecu and when he tried with his bosch computer unit it crashed and when he tried with peugeot tool is only gave him the option of petrol and my car is diesel. He says that someone must have messed about with it before i got the car and possible put the wrong module on.

Hes going to try and flash the software on both the ecu and abs module first.

We get the issue of when we rev past 3000rpm for a prolonged time we get the esp/asp error light and then the revs are limited to 2000rpm, so he seems to think this abs module issue is making the car go into limp home mode and thats why we have been getting acceleration problems.

Basically does this sound true and has anyone had similar problems and what was their fix?
Might be better going to someone with Peugeot Plant diagnostics it will read your car no-matter what it is before he starts flashing anything.

·
Registered
196 Posts
when i had pp2000 on it did a global scan and it came back that the abs module was ok.when you start messing with firmware and it corups the file it will cost you more in the end.there was a recall for abs units.after getting water in them.if its been done pp2000 will say its not reconised and referancing it, if he dose any thing wrong it will cost you.leave the flashing and updating to the pro's

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He said he has the Peugeot Dealer tool and can do anything that the main dealer can do.

Is the abs module just the BSI or are they different things?

So you are saying that if the recall has been done then pp2000 won't recongise the ABS module, so in fact what seems a problem is in fact how its meant to be?
He seemed to think that it wasn't coded to the ecu and that it needed to be. What do you think of him saying when trying to code it the Peugeot software only had the option of Petrol and not Diesel.

C

·
0 Posts
The ABS ECU does need coding to the main ECU.

Many of us have the dealer tool, buit that does not mean we have the expertise and training dealer techs get. Messing with firmware is a dangerous game and something not even the dealers usually do - for gnarly probs like that they connect the car to a moden so the eggs heads at Coventry can look at it.

Swollocks is most likely correct. There was a fault with water ingress damaging some ABS modules. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's likely we have a small aquatic bird of the genus anatidae on our hands.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed!!!

Basically the car has FIXED ITSELF!!!!

My gf started it up today and boost pressure was back, it stood for an hour while i finished work and then i drove it home and all good Smile, then again to my mams and then to town tonight. Fingers crossed that it is ok. There are some flat spots but i'm guessing this is quite normal?

I'm still going to the garage tomorrow as it was booked in. I think i'll say not to bother with the ABS flash and ask him to look at why it has started working again and to check the errors currently, and to look at a rubbing noise on the passenger rear wheel.

If the response isn't so good below 2000rpm would this suggest the MAF? I was thinking of changing it anyway as its only about £35 isn't it? Can i get 1 from ebay or do i need to go to Peugeot garage for one and how much is it from them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts