Peugeot Forums banner

Abs loom??

11K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  monty9120 
#1 ·
Hi all is the abs wiring loom on its own?
Can I buy a new one?
If what kind of price am I looking at?
Thanks for any info :thumb:

#5 ·
I've been done by the abs sensor approx 12 months ago !!!! It was coming up on planet as rear passenger wheel... So my garage swapped both rear sensors, but still came up with the error, rear passenger side... We then went ahead and replaced the hub. Gues what ?? Error still there rear passenger wheel... After reading a number of forums I suggested to the garge putting a new washer on the sensor altering the gap .... Would u believe it. Error codes disappeared !! Dearest washer I've ever had to pay for !!!!!!

#7 ·
I've ordered a pp2000 but a garage said it had two errors 1 was rear passenger sensor and 2 said something about the pump jamming!
The sensor was replaced and the abs fault is intermittent...
I've cleaned the terminals and plug to the abs pump but didnt change anything.
I haven't got a bag around the pump, but I do have a wheel arch lining.

As its an intermittent fault I thought it could be the wiring as it comes on/off when it's -C and when I go over a bump.

#12 ·
That's because a new sensor = ££ but a new pump = £££££££££££££££££££

and more £ = more profit for garage!

I'll stake my reputation on it being the air gap on the new sensor they've fitted.

They'll have got the code, just assumed it to be faulty and replaced the sensor, not knowing about the common gap fault which affects just about every 307 of your age.

#14 ·
As Gibbo said, the problem with a ted in a shed garage replacing the sensor is as simple as that, wheel off, sensor off, sensor on, wheel on, job done.

With this ABS fault you have to remove the sensor, add a little WD40 and scrape all the rust off the mount to make it a level surface again. It takes some chipping away too not just a wire brush.

Then the sensor is particular about being re-seated. It has to be parallel to the ABS ring with a gap no more than 2mm. Sometimes a washer indeed has to be added to close the gap.

Not as simple as the garages think so could well be your problem.

#16 ·
When they plugged the car in it said that about the pump and rear sensor,
When they fitted a new sensor they plugged it in again and just came up as the pump fault..
So I don't think it's the sensor but I will have a go at using the pp2000 tomorrow afternoon and see what codes I get from it

#22 ·
You should only need a washer as a last resort. I must have done at least half a dozen 307 ABS sensors and they've all just needed the mount cleaning.

As for garages knowing what they're doing, last week both a garage and the AA told a colleague that his 306 needed a new high pressure fuel pump because "that's what the diagnostics were showing". It turned out that it was a sticking lift pump in the fuel tank. We hit it with a hammer and it worked again.

A new HP fuel pump from GSF is £462. My fix cost was zero.

#26 ·
Hi guys. New to the forum with this same problem.

I have tried taking sensors off to clean but big problems... One of the sensors bolts is rounded and the other one sheered off when i gave it a bit to much of a turn!

Anyway I dont think it is a sensor issue as the air gap looks just right and the hubs are clean. I am not getting any abs sensor warnings from diagnostic just a number of abs pump faullts.

On the dash i get the stop flashing at me as well as ABS FAULT BREAKING FAULT.

Really hope someone can help here. I am looking to buy a used pump from ebay but no idea on what the part number is.

I have a 1.4 hdi 2002 307. I rang my local peugeot garage and they said it is against policy to give out part numbers!!! ( even though they are happy for me to take my car there when i have sourced a replacement pump!)

One thing to note is my wheel arch is missing some plastic. Not sure where abs pump is located or how to access it (not the most mechanically minded person).

Anyway sorry for jumping in on your post here.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.