Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had a good search around but not managed to find the answer.

I'm looking at getting a 307, a 52 plate (built feb 2003). When starting, the ABS light comes on until the car starts moving, at which point it goes off.

Is this normal? Will it be an issue come MOT time (it does turn off once you start moving!)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hello,

I've had a good search around but not managed to find the answer.

I'm looking at getting a 307, a 52 plate (built feb 2003). When starting, the ABS light comes on until the car starts moving, at which point it goes off.

Is this normal? Will it be an issue come MOT time (it does turn off once you start moving!)

Thanks
sounds like one of the sensor gaps could be wrong or needs cleaning

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK cool thank you.

I guess I'll have to get a ODB2 thing and see if I can find out which sensor.

Speaking of which, Am I right that the car should support ODB2?

·
5,879 Posts
OK cool thank you.

I guess I'll have to get a ODB2 thing and see if I can find out which sensor.

Speaking of which, Am I right that the car should support ODB2?
Generic OBD2 will only do engine codes not ABS. I would check all the abs sensor plug connections. If the light does not go out until drive away its often high resistance on a sensor circuit being picked up during power on self test. Once you start moving ABS ECU sees that its getting a speed signal from suspect sensor and auto clears the fault.

Sensor gap often has reverse symptoms self test ok (Light out) no signal when you start moving so light comes on

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generic OBD2 will only do engine codes not ABS. I would check all the abs sensor plug connections. If the light does not go out until drive away its often high resistance on a sensor circuit being picked up during power on self test. Once you start moving ABS ECU sees that its getting a speed signal from suspect sensor and auto clears the fault.

Sensor gap often has reverse symptoms self test ok (Light out) no signal when you start moving so light comes on
Brilliant thank you!

I'm due to get the car on Wednesday, so can try then, and also post in the intro thread.

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the car last night and the ABS light on startup seems to have gone.....unfortunately it now seems to come on when going over 40. Will have a look at the sensors to see if I can spot any that are obviously having issues.

I take that from the previous answers that for ABS Peugeot Planet is the ONLY way of knowing which is faulty (short of trial and error)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts