Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all got my ABS sensor fixed..as i went to garage to tell me which one it was...they did say i could come back to reset the light...

My question ....wouldnt the car just see that the sensor is working now...and dont have to go get it reset...i have not tried to disconnect battery for 15 mins...see if that resets it...as i cant be bothered to get it reset if i dont have too

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fallenhero said:
Hi all got my ABS sensor fixed..as i went to garage to tell me which one it was...they did say i could come back to reset the light...

My question ....wouldnt the car just see that the sensor is working now...and dont have to go get it reset...i have not tried to disconnect battery for 15 mins...see if that resets it...as i cant be bothered to get it reset if i dont have too
took it to get abs light reset.....still doing same thing...now i not sure if garage done it right...

·
Registered
196 Posts
when driving is the light on streight away?. if not try driving then brake so abs kicks in and take note of the front wheel knocking.if its left it most prob be the right rear and other way around.its not just about changing sensor you have to clean up were it sits, by knocking all the build up of rust build up off

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried that......start car.....drive...then feel it on the pedals on my side...then abs light comes on....drives okay...with the normal braking..the guy who tested the car with the abs thing....said it was near side abs sensor....and then i told the garage to do that side....I ring garage tomorrow to see what they say...

·
Registered
196 Posts
and if its your side then it will be the oposit side rear.if gap 2 big put a thin washer on behind sensor to close gap before refitting it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts