Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a problem with my 2005 Peugeot Partner 2.0 HDI combi the abs warning light is not coming on at all.Which has now failed MOT.
Have had it connected to Diagnostics and when connected all dash lights are on and when disconnected and switched on at ignition no abs light.
Have checked all fuses and wiring and all seem to be ok.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Baz

·
6,311 Posts
Check pump multi plug for water ingress (also if you leave plug disconnected does the light come on (The multiplug has a shorting pin inside that should put light on if plug is not connected).

Also check all the maxi fuses in the under bonnet fusebox to see if Pump feed has blown

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I have checked multiplug on pump ecu an dwhen disconnected light does not come on.
Checked all the maxi fuses with multimeter and they also seem ok.

regards baz

·
6,311 Posts
F2 in the inner fusebox is the supply to the ABS Lamp.

F3 & F12 in the inner fusebox also supply the ABS ECU

The two main earths are also in the area of the pump the one above pump is the earth for ecu and this is the earth thats used to ground ABS light.

If you earth pin 40 of the ecu plug the lamp should light if wiring/lamp is OK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Thanks for the info.

My fuse box must be different from the one in your post because according to my hand book there is no F3 fuse and the F12 fuse is for the front electric windows.The only fuse for the abs in my hand book is F3 in the engine comp fuse box, and this fuse is OK.

It might help if I gave my Vin number which is VF3GJRHYK95164119.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
Just to let everyone know that I finally did get my 2lt hdi combi through its MOT.

I had a problem with the ABS light not showing and one or two other things back in September 2017 when it failed. I had all other jobs done but could not find fault for abs light,took it back to MOT station in Feb this year and it passed.

Now again lamp has not been coming on but ABS has been working great.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and where to start looking for the problem.Surely it must be fuse or wiring related.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If the ABS light does not come on then the system is not doing its self test so you CANNOT know if the ABS is working.

The light comes on for a few seconds during the self test at key on if it is happy it goes out if it sees a fault it stays on and disables the system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi reliable406

Thanks for your quick response I am aware of the fact that the abs light should come on and go off at ignition. Also for it to do its test (3 beeps)which it does every time I switch on.

I also can feel a pumping vibration when I brake hard in an emergency so I assume that my abs is working except for the light not coming on. I have checked fuse No3 in engine fuse box also replaced all maxi fuses but still nothing.This is the only problem I have had with my car everything else works as it should.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its doing 3 beeps it is NOT working it beeps to warn of a fault a proper working car/van does not beep !

There must be a simple wiring issue or the ecu is dead but that would normally put the light on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

Thanks again for your response I was under the impression that the beeps were due to the system test.
This has always been going on so I just assumed that this was a normal thing.

I remember this happening once but after the initial 3 beeps there was a fourth beep and then the engine management light came on and stayed on for a few days. It was found to be the maf sensor which was then replaced and the light has not come on since.

I wish this was a simple fix with the abs light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi
I must have a fault on my abs wiring as you said but where would I have to start looking.
Could it be from the bsi unit to the clocks to the mfd or would I have to trace back to the pump multiplug ecu.

How would I go about tracing a fault like this without a diagram.

Is there anyone who could get me a diagram or is there anyone near me who would have pp2000 and willing to help me.
As I have already said my combi is absolutely spot on except for this problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts