Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had new Rear discs & pads fitted at a garage today,as driving away i noticed the ABS light was on.They plugged it into the hand held computer its still on they said drive it for a week to bed it in,it should go off,any ideas please.

·
2,255 Posts
I doubt if 'bedding in' will cure it...I think you will be going back in a week and they can check the sensor gaps (corrosion under the sensor bolt)or wiring..hope you get it sorted tho....good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ABS Light on

The only reason i took it in was it failed MOT for rear bearing grinding/rough so i thought best option was to change the discs & pads how wrong was i,i think the ABS light is now an MOT failure:mad:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
So I would take it back to them and explain since they worked on the brakes the ABS fault has appeared. They could have damaged the sensor/s or they might just need any rust under the sensor cleaned off and the sensor refitted with shims if necessary to get the correct gap setting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ABS Light New Disc,s Fitted.

Had new disc & pads fitted yesterday at a garage now the ABS light is on,since i had to change a rear coil spring today.Whilst doing this i took a look at the new discs i did order new discs with the bearing fitted & the ABS ring fitted.When i looked today it looks like they have removed the ABS ring from my old discs & fitted them to my new disc,could this be the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,745 Posts
2 threads merged to here and 1 deleted. Please do not open multiple threads on one topic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,its going back to the garage tomorrow just wanted as much info as possible for when i challenge them tomorrow.

·
5,627 Posts
Had new disc & pads fitted yesterday at a garage now the ABS light is on,since i had to change a rear coil spring today.Whilst doing this i took a look at the new discs i did order new discs with the bearing fitted & the ABS ring fitted.When i looked today it looks like they have removed the ABS ring from my old discs & fitted them to my new disc,could this be the problem.
"ABS Rings" are built into the rear bearing oil seal, they are magnetic and very easy to damage, impacts and contact with metal surfaces can wipe/corrupt the magnetic indexing.

If the garage swapped the rings they are muppets and did not know what they were doing they should replace both discs as they screwed them up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts