Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all sorry if this post has been done before but i cant find anything :eek: .
I am having a problem with the abs on my 53 1.6 petrol 307 est when slowing from high speed and pressing the break normaly the abs starts too kick in and continues down too around 20 mph then stops but if you grab the break hard no judder unless on loose surface as i would expect, now this dose not happen all the time and every so often or every morning but not at night the abs fault come up on the screen when driving at 60 mph . About 8 months back this fault light was coming on but as i had let the rear pads get down too the metal one of the sensors was covered in filings after cleaning all was fine could this be a re ocurance on this hub when the pads wore down my parts place did say i may need too relace the whole bairing hub assembly too qure the fault light.
Hope you can help thanks folks.:)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
the abs sensors or where they mount onto would of got some crap onto it messing up the air gap....take them off, chisel any corrosion away from the mount and clean the sensors (disconnect first) and they should be good.

edit: the more common problem on a 307 is the rear sensors, mine was drivers side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the heads up i will try and get a look at this at the weekend will report back my findings :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"UPDATE".

As this fault was gradualy getting worse i decided too get stuck in so starting withe the N/S/R which was the side i had trouble with metal filings on the sensor the last time , i stipped the calliper off and just moved the disc too the side looking at the abs sensor it was not within 2mm of the hub looking closer at it the PLASTIC clip that reains it before you put the 5mm hex bolt in seemed not too be sitting correctly but as the hex bolt was not for coming out i could only bend the sensor back into place :( , gave it a little clean took it for a run and now two days later problem has not returned :thumb: but i will remove this sensor and do the job right just have too get it in too me work as i left the right tools there :D cheers for the heads up on a common fault :thumb: .

·
Registered
28 Posts
exatly same on mine, (51 reg hdi) removed rear sensors and cleaned rust off, problem gone, local garage said it was abs pump, supplied and fitted was 350 quid, rob dogs

·
Registered
3 Posts
rather then start a new post i thought id hikack this one! iv got a 02 1.6 rapier and having the same problems. im not very familiar with the cars workings but my brother told me if i find out where the abs sensors are he would take a look for me. So... can anyone tell me where they are? thanks.

pudz x

·
Registered
673 Posts
rather then start a new post i thought id hikack this one! iv got a 02 1.6 rapier and having the same problems. im not very familiar with the cars workings but my brother told me if i find out where the abs sensors are he would take a look for me. So... can anyone tell me where they are? thanks.

pudz x
if you look at the 3rd pic down on this thread.... http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/407-lower-balljoint-replacement-13760/ you will get the gist of what to look for on the rear.... hth a little....:thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
d_pugstar when i had the abs judder i found it was the rear sensor on the n/s if you remove the wheel look in at the rear axle you will see a small cable follow it back to the sensor just behind the disc it should look a pice of flat plastic going from the hex bolt to behind the hub you can see it without removing the disk it should be almost touching the hub if the gap is too big then that is most likly the problem i have had this twice now and still not done a proper repair :D.

Quick fix : with the wheel of get a large flat blade screwdriver place this between the sensor and the BACKplate (not the hub) then turn the screwdriver and hold the sensor against the hub for a little while when reliced the sensor will move back slightly and hopfully not as far as it was make sure you cleen the back of the hub too ether with the screwdriver and turning the hub too knock off the rust or by using a file same method then run a cloth down there too remove the filing as the will stick to the sensor.
This is the method i have yoused twice now it is no real hard ship and saves you good money :) last atempt has lasted six months so far.

Long term Fix : As above but remove the sensor from the car and chip off the rust around its mounting point easyer too remove the disk with this method as you get better access too the hex bolt but tha will more than likly be solid and a potential snap hazzard.

Good luck with what ever method you decide on with me it was the n/s/r but check both rear ones as it seem too always be the rears that go .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Been lurking on here for months, but decided to register to thank the OP.
I have had 3 months of mental torment with the same Judder/abs fault.
Today i decided to follow Rosco's advice, only took ten minutes each side to remove wheel and clean/gap sensor and pick up ring (without having to remove the sensor or discs) , fingers crossed after road testing the car, that for the first time in months i now have no judder and no warning light.
Big big thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have been writing the administrator and asked him if he would move this tread to the 307 section and make it sticky, but no reply, nothing happens, this fault comes up every second week, and nobody looks in the Electric section for a brake fault.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/electrical-54/how-fix-abs-fault-24260/

If more people would contact the administrator, he might wake up at some point.

Holt

·
Registered
402 Posts
I tried that, in fact it was you who hid it in the first place, i asked you to put it in the 307 section because it only concerns 307 models, but you insisted it belong in the Electric section

Holt

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I tried that, in fact it was you who hid it in the first place, i asked you to put it in the 307 section because it only concerns 307 models, but you insisted it belong in the Electric section

Holt
OOOO someones getting their knickers in a twist :lol:

Anyways its moved :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts