Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced front pads and discs and when i hit the brakes hard i cannot feel a pulsating like the ABS is kicking in is this normal is it less noticeable on the 307, on my 406 you could really feel the pedal kicking back

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Only pulsates if you actually lock one or more wheels and the ABS pump starts to force fluid back out of the calliper. I'd guess that even though you are hitting the brake hard, the tyres haven't lost grip and the wheels are all decelerating at the same rate so no need for the ABS to kick in.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Just replaced front pads and discs and when i hit the brakes hard i cannot feel a pulsating like the ABS is kicking in is this normal is it less noticeable on the 307, on my 406 you could really feel the pedal kicking back
go drive and make sure no one is behind you and do an emergency stop try to skid and then abs will kick in

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you have just replaced the pads, they probably are not yet bedded in, and the wheels are not locking up due to the as yet, less than optimum braking.

If you try an emergency stop and the wheels lock up and skid, and/or it pulls to one side, you have a problem.

C

·
0 Posts
If you want the ABS to kick in fully find a road that is covered in gravel like a private drive and hit the brakes hard that will cause wheels to lock up and the ABS to kick in......... just make sure that you wont hit anything I don't want to be blamed for and accident :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the brakes the correct way i.e opened the bleed nipple when pushing back the piston and then topped up the fluid, BUT have noticed that now when i start the car the ABS light stays on for 2-3 seconds then goes off, this is all before the car moves it could have been there before but i dont remember it, is this normal

C

·
0 Posts
I changed the brakes the correct way i.e opened the bleed nipple when pushing back the piston and then topped up the fluid, BUT have noticed that now when i start the car the ABS light stays on for 2-3 seconds then goes off, this is all before the car moves it could have been there before but i dont remember it, is this normal
Yep ABS Light should illuminate the go off after a few seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts