Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My partner was driving her car when the engine management light came on. Came up on the centre console braking system faulty, power steering faulty, ABS faulty and the Speedometer doesn't work. The revometer works fine. I have taken it into the garage I use but he can't seem to get into the ecu to see what the fault is(that's what he tells me anyway).

I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if they were able to sort the problem out?

Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi reliable406 thanks for the reply.

Would it matter what diagnostic equipment he had or would it not connect anyway?

Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOTHING will talk to any ecu that is not getting power this is something garages often overlook
Could it be anything to do with the battery? It's not been on long.

I don't know much about cars so wondering where would the best place be to start in trying to resolve this issue?

Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
870 Posts
try unplug the abs ecu, check for water and give it a good spray, long shot but you never know.

may as well unplug the ecu and fusebox main plugs at the same time, check they are dry.

pull a battery lead first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: I managed to find someone on here who could plug PP into it. It wasnt getting any reply back from the ABS ECU so I decided to take a risk and bought a replacement off of eBay, made sure I got the right part number. My mechanic installed it and all the faults have cleared. I bought it for £139 and mechanic charged me £40 for fitting. The only fault on it now is the anti pollution fault which has been on for ages. Touch wood it doesn't happen again but for now she's a happy girl driving around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts