Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately the missus 307's brakes have been grinding & the ABS fault light comes up even if I'm not braking. I checked the discs/pads which were fine so took it for a computer fault check (£10 :D ). I was told it was a problem with the rear driver side brakes, prob sensor. After reading through old posts on the forums I feared the worst as someone said they paid +£300 :eek:
I contacted a friendly garage & explained the problem & they told me what work was involved. For replacement ring, sensor & hub plus labour £110 :thumb: Going to book it in & I'll let you know exactly what was wrong after its fixed :thumb:

·
Registered
196 Posts
sometimes 9 out of 10 the sensor has to be removed and the rust chipping off were it sits.very rare the bareing has to be replaced,they build up with corosion.and knocks the sensor off abit,only a 30 minute job doing it your self. real easy.and if its the sensor thats not working it just plugs in near the petol tank.

·
Registered
106 Posts
proudy said:
computer fault check (£10 :D ).
You did well getting the diagnostic for a tenner,but not so well booking it in to get the ABS fixed!!

As above,its a simple DIY job (probably) that just needs the corrosion cleaning from the back of the sensor - rust pushes the sensor away and makes the air gap too large for the sensor to read from the pick up ring.
Cancell the garage and DIY.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The braking problem required the parts replaced. We've had this car 1yr now & we've replaced the engine & clutch master cylinder £350, clutch £120, discs/pads £70, ABS problem £110, now we are told the coil pack needs replaced £80+fitting, the horn & indicator needs sorting & there is a knocking noise appeared lately. I think I can safely say I'll stay away from Peugeout or Citroen from now on. Once this is sold that's it :nono:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.