Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was drivnig yesteday in the treacherous snow, when i skidded. the abs beeped into action and it appeared on the dashboard.

then when i restrted the car the display unit said ABS Fault before driving off and eventually the abs signal going off ont he dashboard.

is this normal?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i had this fault the other day with all the snow from driving to darlington from gateshead around 30-40 miles switched the car off and back on and it worked...must have been ice on the sensor :S

but now it is on all the time and will not even go off, i even get a warning saying my handbrake is on - i know it is on as i am parked, not in gear or not accellorating. booked in to nationwide autocenters as it is covered by direct warrenty administration :p

also to add some more detail, i had this problem before.. after 4 days of getting the car back in dec 08, nationwide auto in 'boro replaced the rear right ABS Sensor or to some effect...as apparently salt got in front of the sensor and damaged it... wonder if it has happened again this time >:mad:

has anyone else had this problem and got a work around for it?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
wierdly enough, this problem has dissappeared, i think it was with all the snow and salt on the roads grit made its way to my sensor and blocked the signal. oh well its gone now and now looked into it that cleaning the ABS sensor does help a lot :p

G

·
The sensor is magnetic, and snow is magnetically transparent. What usually happens is the snow can dislodge some crud and get it in the way. conversely, it can do the opposite and clean the poop out the way and restore function, as it did to my mates Polo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts