Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a peugeot 307 and have the dreaded abs fault which displays as soon as the engine is started. I was replacing the lower ball joint on the drivers side and my father attached the new one but then decided to spray paint the hub black thus covering the abs ring inside the hub i managed to clean the paint off but cannot get the abs to go off since. I did have the abs come on a few days before this happened but it then went off again and stayed off.

Can anyone advise me over this matter is the hub ruined or is it something else that could be causing this.

any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the reply all I have on my car is abs fault on the centre display I don't have a code reader the paint was removed with gentle rubbing and then with brake cleaner to remove the surface with what was left but the ring seems soft and but you can see the metal strips under the top layer

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the reply all I have on my car is abs fault on the centre display I don't have a code reader the paint was removed with gentle rubbing and then with brake cleaner to remove the surface with what was left but the ring seems soft and but you can see the metal strips under the top layer

BUMP!

I just had a similar problem- i was cleaning the pick up ring after an ABS fault code- it seemed soft- and when i scraped off what i initially thought was crud and rust, it seemed like it could have once been rubber? does that make any sense to anyone? Now the light has gone from coming on at around 30mph to being on all the time! I'll make a separate post as well......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts