Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone around rugby who has peugeot planet. Who can try and find what my abs fault is. Garage can't find fault but they cleaned all rings and sensors but still get fault

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not much use as i'm nowhere near you but the abs fix on a 307 is not just a case of cleaning the sensors and rings.

You also need to remove the sensor and file down all the corrosion under the sensor to bring it back closer in line to the abs ring. Mine had corroded to almost 4mm away from the ring, filed down all the rust and reseated the sensor and the abs fault has never been back.

Failing that then it will probably be the sensor or faulty wiring somewhere.

If you dont have planet then the best way to test each sensor is attach an oscilloscope to the pins and spin the wheel at a steady speed, do this for all 4 wheels and take a note of the voltage.

You will probably find one of them isnt creating a very good sine wave and a low voltage. This is your culprit!

However abs sensors are only a tenner on ebay so you could just replace the lot for little cost.

·
Registered
14,631 Posts
I agree its the back plate that causes the issue rust pushes the sensor away from the ring but not all sensors are £10 try buying one for a 307 cc they are non existent at any price :)

Storeman if a scope fell out a tree I doubt it would work again anyway :)

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Depends on how soft the head was :D

I had to use a scope to set up an OCR camera a couple of weeks ago and it's been so long since I used one I had to think about how to set it up. Eventually realised what bit I'd missed. With so many things being throw away these days I don't get much practice but with this job just changing the lamps for the camera illumination means the camera should be checked with a scope to set the gain correctly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nah,

Just jack up each wheel, pull the hand brake up slightly and spin it by hand, if you hear the "beep" from the dash then its fine, if there is NO "beep" then it that particular wheel sensor gone..

Pull out your multimeter and find where the plug connection is, unplug it and read the ohms, should be around 6 ohms IIRC.. the stuffed ones will just keep climbing up.

Cheers,

·
Registered
402 Posts
Pull out your multimeter and find where the plug connection is, unplug it and read the ohms, should be around 6 ohms IIRC.. the stuffed ones will just keep climbing up.

Cheers,
The reading is not 6 ohms, but 6 megaohms, and that's a lot more than the common cheap multimeter can handle. The old sensors that read a toothed ring was a lot easier to measure with a cheap multimeter.
If you take the rear wheels off, you can stick your head in over the brake disc and see the gap between the wheel bearing (with the magnetic ring) and the sensor, there should be no more than one millimetre of clearance between them. There is a sticky tread called "How to fix ABS fault" I have done a couple of them without removing the disc, just work trough one of the bolt holes.

Holt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts