Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi everyone, I have just found this forum as I have been having problems with my 2004 307 and starting to get a bit fed up with it now.

I wold really appreciate any advice...

1) My ABS fault light has been popping on and off, and sometimes the 'STOP' light flashes. Is this a sensor problem or fuse problem?

2) Every so often my hazard lights flash on for no apparent reason. Again, is this a fuse issue?

3) My blowers packed in 2 weeks ago. Then they decided to work again. Today, in -3 ice, they stopped working!!

I'm starting to worry that there are some really expensive electrical issues with my motor.

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi Vicky and welcome to the forum. Do the hazards lights tend to come on when you are braking heavily or just randomly, Heater blower fault most likely to be the heater resistor. Where are you located ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve, the hazard lights seem to come on if steering a bit sharply i.e. going round a roundabout a bit fast!! I am in Worcester. :thumb:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I asked because some cars are programmed so that the hazards lights come on during heavy braking. The abs fault is probably a sensor. With the problems you have it would be better if you could get a forum member close to you to come and diagnose the faults properly with the Peugeot planet software instead of maybe throwing parts and money at it. If you do a search on the forum (blue bar near top of page) for the Peugeot planet map it will bring a list up of members offering this service at low cost. When you find the one closest to you just click on their name and send them a private message. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
HI Vickyw
I to have a 307 2004 with the abs light on and also the heater fault.
Today l found the heater problem is the electrical plug on the resistor has burnt out. Do a search and you will find a discription and photos of what to do.
The abs sensor l've found to be a dirty sensor should just need cleaning hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if the abs sensors have moved due to rust or dirt building up behind them , they can cause the abs light to come on or for it to vibrate the pedal when braking , you need to remove the sensor bracket s and surface there mounted to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts