Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I had bad rumbling while driving and suspected a front bearing.
i will be doing both front bearings as I am now on 145k miles.

I have just changed offside the front bearing, {what a pain it was getting it out). I took the hub to a garage and they pressed in my new bearing (FAG), the
ABS ring is intact and the correct way around.
Took car for test drive no noise so it was the wheel bearing causing the noise, but I now have an ABS fault showing. does this need resetting because of the new bearing ?

Peugeot Sport 308 1.6 hdi 2009

Thanks

·
6,089 Posts
Not sure if the 308 has a circlip retainer on the bearing as if these are fitted in the wrong orientation they can stop Sensor ring from being read by the sensor.

Other options are bad/damaged or poorly refitted sensor or its connector. I have also known some bearing to have the incorrect number of segments on the abs ring (this normally logs as a coherence fault or live data shows a mismatch between wheel speeds)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wind1603 my nephew plugged in his diagnostic hardware coherence fault was coming up. ive just this minute found the fault.the garage has fitted the cir clip wrong so as you say the ABS sensor is reading incorrectly.
so it looks like another strip down just to turn a circlip about 15mm as i can see the eye of the circlip above the sensor.
Its been a hell of a job getting out the old bearing and pulling the inner race of the bearing from the hub. It is doable to save yourself some money but its a right pain in the backside.
But your best getting your your hub off and taking it to someone with a hydraulic press to remove and replace your new bearing.

Thank you for reply

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I had to move mine around but I refitted my hub so could tell as the sensor wouldn’t sit in flush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts