Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car started intermittently showing ABS failure some time back but now is on permanently.
I have replaced the rear sensors as they were very rusty causing them to touch the hubs and get worn.
So cleaned up the area, put new sensors on and cleaned the hub area too.
Checked front sensors that seem ok.
Checked and cleaned the ABS plug under front wheel arch liner too. It had a cover with poppers on and the plug had plenty of grease in it so I assume it's been in for a recall or had issues before.
Fault doesn't clear with my cheapo diagnostic tool either (in fact doesn't show up as a fault come to that)
Any ideas what to try next or shall I just bite the bullet and get it booked in for repair?
Thanks.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Long shot. I had this for months then checked my PAS fluid which was very low, topped up and ABS lights went off. Never been back since

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have got a similar problem with wife’s 307cc we had it fixed once by garage a while ago but it’s on again. Really annoying that garages want £90 just to diagnose. Think I’ll check the Pas maybe a quick fix.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It was bizarre. I bought our cc over a year ago, the abs light used to be very intermittent. Then was permanent, however did not affect the car.

Same with you generic code reader would not pull any codes.

Was checking all fluids before lockdown, and noticed that PAS fluid was low. Topped up and has been right ever since.

Very strange

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be fair, the car has been loosing some sort of oil recently and the Aircon has stopped working and when I checked the oil was directly from under the Aircon compressor (but that's another story)...but anyway, whilst looking for the oil loss causes I checked the PAS fluid and it did look a bit on the low side. I didn't have any to top up with but I'll definitely try that first before booking it in for testing.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to follow up from the other day. Took the car in and got it properly diagnosed and it turned out to be a broken wire on the O/S rear which was causing the ABS failure message. Apparently the fella who fixed it has seen this a few times on Peugeot 307s and reckons it's a common weak point.
So maybe if you're still having issues then this might be the place to look
Good luck everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts