Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, would anyone be able to help? I had a problem a few weeks ago with the key blade fell out of the key fob. We had to use a pliers to "turn" the key in the ignition for a few days until we got a replacement. The ABS and ESP warning lights started to show at this time along with the Engine Management light. The Engine Management light has since disappeared but the other two remain active. Peugeot in Galway( ROI) want 75 euro to plug in the computer and 115 euro to replace any sensors (EACH!). Peugeot in Armagh (NI) want £57 to diagnose and £77 per sensor. Is there any way of resetting the lights to see whether it was a problem caused by the issue with the key?
Thanks in advance and sorry about the long winded story!

·
Registered
821 Posts
get abs sensors off ebay, cheap like 30EUR new. but first search for few of my abs related posts, you can very easily detect faulty sensor with multimeter. ;) i dont think its anything to do with key. abs sensors tend to fail without any warning. before that search the forum and there is like 1000 posts about cleaning sensors and wheel hubs first. :)

·
5,012 Posts
As Betty says Risky1 is in Galway......Give him a shout

·
5,012 Posts
Got your Pm dokgolf...:thumb:
The only thing is betty and trem will be looking for commission on the above plug.....:D...:D
Ron.
pint of guiness should do it Ron :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
i got same problem ABS and ESP, just dont know on the witch side,howw to chek that,tnks for info
Really need a diagnostic check to find what's at fault as above usually abs sensor, search forum for peugeot planet map find the nearest owner to you and pm them asking if the can do a diagnostic check for you. Far cheaper than main dealer or any garage :nod:.

·
Registered
59 Posts
eurocarparts are doing 30% off at the moment (code on website), just got a Pagid ABS sensor for about £19 but the Eicher one works out at about £14

1 - 11 of 11 Posts