Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Both lights are constantly on, from turning the key and through driving.

Ive had it on the computer, and was told its an open circuit on one of the rear wheels (O/S/R)

Ive done a resistance check across the abs sensor an am reading a constant resistance of 1,7.

I cant see any evidence of damage on the wiring.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I expect that, if you have an open circuit in the wiring, you would get no reading if you measure volts and ohms into the unplugged connector. If that does not work, try spraying contact cleaner into the mating parts of the connector.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea tried that, next step, if ot stops raining it to put a volt meter on the pins. And see if i get a reading when the wheel is turned.
Desperately trying to find the issue on the wheel!!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Just because you have a resistance across the sensor only means the sensor is OK. It does not mean that it is transmitting motion when the wheel is turning. Known fault on the rears of rust build up beneath the sensor causing the sensor to move out of range of the pick up. Best to remove each sensor and ensure that their are no signs of rust and that the sensors can mount flat and square on their mounting pads.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has got esp, this light is on as well as the abs light.
Its the fact that both lights come on with the ignition, and dont go out. In the past if it was the sensor, they went out until the wheels move.
Also, form what i can see is if the car has esp its a different sensor!! Is this true or a sales ploy to buy the most expensive?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok

I've found an open circuit on one of the rear wheel sensors, ive taken the gamble and ordered a replacement.
When I replace it, will/ should the dashboard lights go out if I have solved the issue? Or will I have to have them switched off on using a computer/ code reader?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I thought you had reported the sensors had a resistance so how has it got a open circuit? Is it the sensor or the wiring to it?
Anyway, when they are all ok as soon as you drive beyond the trigger value(5mph or so) the ABS computer will see that all wheels are recording and the light will go out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I missed a key piece of information, I was told the O/S/R sensor was open circuit, it was that one showing resistance, I then checked the N/S/R sensor to see if that showed the same resistance, but that showed open circuit, so Im guessing either I was told the wrong side, or I got mixed up!

Not counting chickens, but part should arrive tomorrow, and ill see!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id hoped that was the case, but as the sensor was showing an open circuit and no resistance, im assuming its a dud sensor. Well hoping!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If the ABS light comes on and stays on when switching on the ignition and starting the car, without moving the car at all, you have an integral component/wiring fault with the system. [mostly will be a wheel sensor]

If the light comes on with ign on/start, then goes off and only re-illuminates when moving, you have an issue with wheel sensors not reading the signal from the ring. As per Gibbo's post, most likely rust under sensor forcing the gap between sensor and ring to be too great.

·
6,311 Posts
Some version of planet and other readers often swap left and right rear sensor codes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its the top one, continually on, hopefully the wheel sensor that is showing open circuit, but wont know until i try a new one.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The ABS needs to work for the ESP to work as its all controlled by your ABS unit hence both lights are on.

As said planet can sometimes report the wrong side sensor clean the backplate of rust while the sensor is off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts