Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all.

While out yesterday I was getting ABS/ESP fault show up.

Did a diagnostics this morning and got the following fault

ABS fault.jpg

My questions are orientation - is front RH drivers side?

Is it a replacement sensor or is it work cleaning sensor/ring and testing existing?

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Update:-

Just had a look on ebay and front sensor does both sides.

£11.97 delivered. Think I'll go for one.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just been out all morning, no error appeared.

Mmmm. Intermittent fault. MOT due next month. Do I take the plung and fit a new sensor?

Life is far to complicated.

Malcolm.

C

·
0 Posts
Yes drivers side.

Never hear much about 407's suffering with crap on rings or gap issues it's nearly always a sensor.

Evidently some on ebay are crap quality and others ok so buy with care.

G

·
0 Posts
I did a diagnostic for a dodgy sensor last week, and after clearing the fault it came straight back on - even when the car was stationary - which points to the sensor. I guess if it takes a while for the fault to reappear then it maybe the ring, or an intermittent bad connection?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fault came back on again as soon as the car started moving. Got a replacement from Eurocarparts yesterday. Will be fitting it today. Hopefully problem solved.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Any fault flagged up in the brake system is a "safety issue".
It will be flagged up several times at ignition on (usually 3x) just to to let you know it has happened even if the original fault has gone away.
I would recommend replacing the brake switch.
Look on eBay. Should be around £7.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Morning all.

While out yesterday I was getting ABS/ESP fault show up.

Did a diagnostics this morning and got the following fault

View attachment 20394

My questions are orientation - is front RH drivers side?

Is it a replacement sensor or is it work cleaning sensor/ring and testing existing?

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Update:-

Just had a look on ebay and front sensor does both sides.

£11.97 delivered. Think I'll go for one.
ABS/ESP Fault showed up again on Friday.

Same fault description Front RH wheel speed sensor, but last time the code was C1330, this time the code is C1331?
Think I got the cheap one off ebay last time, might get the more expensive one from EuroCarparts this time.
Malcolm.

C

·
0 Posts
ABS/ESP Fault showed up again on Friday.

View attachment 37858
Same fault description Front RH wheel speed sensor, but last time the code was C1330, this time the code is C1331?
Think I got the cheap one off ebay last time, might get the more expensive one from EuroCarparts this time.
Malcolm.
I assume it's the characterisation of the fault 3rd item on list, first image shows electrical fault, second one looks to read as coherence fault (image is a bit blurred).

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume it's the characterisation of the fault 3rd item on list, first image shows electrical fault, second one looks to read as coherence fault (image is a bit blurred).
Yeah, strange how second image is blurred, both processed exactly the same way. I'll try and repost the image through photoshop.
Malcolm.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I replaced 2, same on RH side. When it died first time (2 months after I bought a car) and when I replaced it it was, my fault for not double checking what I bought, I think they sold me that one from ebay for 3x the price. It lasted 2 months.

It basically breaks down and tells wrong speed, so when you are stationary you get the hand break on and beep warning, because that wheel is sending signal that it is rotating. And then eventually abs/esp error. But I cant remember the error code. I do not have lexia with me for another week so I wont be able to read it from history

I bought Bosch sensor and its working fine and I got 1y warranty

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the offending sensor out, cleaned it, cleaned the socket on the drivers site inner wing took it for a run, no error showing up.:D:D
Car stood for 15 mins, started up and the error was back again. :mad:
Took the car out today, no error.:confused:
Can this be affected by rain? Seems to be when the road is wet?
I understand the ABS gubbins is on the n/s inner wing, but where?
Any chance the water is getting to the n/s connection?
Whats the best way to clear any rust/debris off the hub where sensor contacts with the abs ring.
Any suggestions/help much appreciated.
Malcolm

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took the offending sensor out, cleaned it, cleaned the socket on the drivers site inner wing took it for a run, no error showing up.:D:D
Car stood for 15 mins, started up and the error was back again. :mad:
Took the car out today, no error.:confused:
Can this be affected by rain? Seems to be when the road is wet?
I understand the ABS gubbins is on the n/s inner wing, but where?
Any chance the water is getting to the n/s connection?
Whats the best way to clear any rust/debris off the hub where sensor contacts with the abs ring.
Any suggestions/help much appreciated.
Malcolm
No one have any pointers?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Honestly, just go with the sensor, I had same experience. Died after 2 months, since it is cheapest part to rule out as faulty. I guess next would be ABS ring.
I found before someone testing the sensor with oscilometter (not sure what is correct term in English) so if you can find some electric/signal enthusiast you can try that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly, just go with the sensor, I had same experience. Died after 2 months, since it is cheapest part to rule out as faulty. I guess next would be ABS ring.
I found before someone testing the sensor with oscilometter (not sure what is correct term in English) so if you can find some electric/signal enthusiast you can try that.
Cheers for that.
Replacement sensor ordered.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New sensor fitted error C1331 still showing and abs/esp warning light still on.
HELP.
Malcolm.

C

·
0 Posts
Just chucking out suggestions here:

Damaged ring on wheel bearing (seen ones that have had a drill catch the ring and cause an issue later)

Wheel bearing failing

Damaged wiring somewhere

Too bigger gap between sensor and ring

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just chucking out suggestions here:

Damaged ring on wheel bearing (seen ones that have had a drill catch the ring and cause an issue later)

Wheel bearing failing

Damaged wiring somewhere

Too bigger gap between sensor and ring
Starting with easiest first - any idea what gap should be?

I did have to drill the previous sensor out, hope I did not damage the ring!

Will try and get the other side sensor out and swap sensors over to eliminate fault sensor.

Happy days!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts