Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have the (what appears to be relatively common) ESP / ASR Fault showing up on my dashboard on a 2005 Peugeot 407.

The car has been tested with planet and the fault code that won't clear is: ESP /ABS ECU: permanent fault pressure sensor supply. I thought abs sensors because of the widespread issues people have had but now I suspect not. Fault code in planet is C1300. I checked the brake switch and it is operating fine.

I understand the fault lies with the pressure sensor in the ABS pump block, can anyone confirm this? The reason I ask is because there is brake pressure shown in planet under parameters which varies from 0 up to circa 22 bar depending how hard the brake pedal is pressed... I also noticed that if I press the brake then erase the code whilst it is pressed in, it stays cleared until I depress the brake. Thought that was a bit strange?

Any help would be appreciated before I go for the ABS Pump change... Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other fix. You need a hydraulic block. Ive had a few with this problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi David,

Appreciate the fast response. On the used market, would I need to find the exact same part number that's imprinted on the block itself? I checked in servicebox but the Peugeot part number has no resemblance to any on eBay etc, or the part number on the block itself...

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Got a second hand ABS Pump of a scrapped car, same '96' number. Installed then configed and bled system, no faults and ESP display fault gone. Thanks for your help davidireland! Now on to the exhaust/manifold fix...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I too have a problem with my ABS pump, and I'm just after some advice on the coding/config of a pump when changing it.
I have the cable and PP/diagbox but I'm new to the car and the cable/sw.
How do you code the new pump?
Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I too have a problem with my ABS pump, and I'm just after some advice on the coding/config of a pump when changing it.
I have the cable and PP/diagbox but I'm new to the car and the cable/sw.
How do you code the new pump?
Thanks
Quite easy when you have Planet, you go into the ECU for that module then configuration and choose the correct options for engine type, wheel type etc (there are not many options there).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many thanks, I have seen this screen and saved it.
The way Peugeot was talking it made it sound like the Black Arts and needing serials, and security codes and the likes.

Do you know, if the 96xxxxx number and the peugeot part 4541xx number are the same on the pump, should it work? as i have found a spare pump, and those numbers match, but the 10.xxxx-xxxx.x numbers are different.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its worth unscrewing the abs ecu from the abs block and cleaning/checking the connections...The brake pressure sensor connector looks like an old analogue tv aerial connector so maybe clean and apply contact cleaner to see it the fault will clear...:)..see pic below.
The mad thing is when this fault code is been displayed the pressure sensor still reads the correct brake pressure via live data..:rolleyes:
Ron.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
UPDATE!!!

Planet is having communication problems with the Old ECU ABS Pump*, so have swopped it for a second hand ABS unit with the same part/model number.

{it would appear the 1.6 and 2.0HDI have the same unit from the same year}

the new unit is having the same issues. It won't communicate with the car??? Arrrgghhhh!!!

*can't download the old pump configuration.

anyone got an ideas?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts