Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 54 plate 2.0hdi 407, after having abs/esr lights on constantly from start up i jacked up the car and noticed the car was not picking up any signals from the nsf & osr wheels, so i changed the sensors, the back went well however the front passenger had seized in and had to be drilled out, i had a good very good look down the hole and could not see any remains, i then installed the new sensor which even after a good clean out was very tight to install, i then started the car and all seemed well, however running it up to 10/15 mph and applying the brakes started to cause the problem, just braking gently feels like there was some thing intermittently pushing the pedal up or tapping on the pedal, almost like the abs was cutting in, so having a little run around for 5 mins and this continued until the abs/esr light flashed up and then the brakes felt fine again, now this repeats every time the car runs.....get in start up no abs lights, go for a drive and the feeling is there every time i brake until the abs/esr lights come on a again and the brakes are then fine, any help or ideas would be great please.
Mark.

D

·
0 Posts
What did the diagnostic show first time round?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
the pedal tapping IS the ABS, its a characteristic built in to inform you the system has been activated. - google abs if you are unsure of full characteristics and what it does.

When fitting the new sensors did you ensure the airgap between sensor and abs ring is 2mm. Any more and any less and the signal will be incorrect so the ABS ECU will throw a fit.

D

·
0 Posts
the pedal tapping IS the ABS, its a characteristic built in to inform you the system has been activated. - google abs if you are unsure of full characteristics and what it does.

When fitting the new sensors did you ensure the airgap between sensor and abs ring is 2mm. Any more and any less and the signal will be incorrect so the ABS ECU will throw a fit.
The airgap won't be a problem as the sensor only goes in one way. There is no way of putting it in wrong (well!)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

C

·
0 Posts
Did you catch magnetic ring when drilling old sensor out?

Case of that on here recently!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sensor was very tight to install, i did clean up the bore before install but it was still tight, like you mention there is only one way to fit it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks CAB, i thought the ring was tucked around the corner on the front, so when you look down the bore where the sensor fits you would only see the cv joint, and need to turn 90 degrees to hit it , like where the seal would be for the bearing.
Mark.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
by airgap i mean where the sensor sits, especially on the 307 (not sure on 407) the mount corrodes and if you dont clean that it still messes with the airgap.

I had that loads on my old 307 before i decided to see how tough it was :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Well to be honest you're wasting your time and money then just fitting sensors. It can be any of the four on the 407 as they give so much trouble.
You'd have narrowed it down at least to which one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts